Debt Management Ltd

PosterMeerkat

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

This is an amazing site, and just reading lifts my spirits knowing other people are in the same situation as myself. I must say you have given me a reason to live.

Today, I have received a letter from Debt Managers Ltd, quoting a ref, I do have debts but do not know this ref has it does not quote a company.

They say they are trying to contact the above named person - ME - but obviously they are phishing for info? And if I don,t reply they are assuming I am that person, And will continue to chase the debt.

What do I do now, Ignore? Please help.

I would appreciate some advice. Thankyou.

Hi PM

Well as they don't seem to know who they've written to why not wait and see what they send next

If there's insufficient details in the letter for you to know what it's all about sit tight and let them make the next move, why do their work for them

Good luck

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

This might be of interest

Office of Fair Trading's final guidance on unfair business practices publication July 2003 (updated December 2006) and became effective from 1st October 2008.

Communication

2.2 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

c. Those contacting debtors not making clear who the are, who they work for, what their role is, what the purpose of the contact is.

Deceptive and/or unfair methods

2.8 Examples of unfair practices are as follows.

a. Sending demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question, for example, threatening debt recovery action to the occupier or sending a payment demand to all people sharing the same name/date of birth as a debtor in the hope that contact with the correct debtor will be made.

I would follow Revenant's advice, sit tight, see what happens next.