Past Repossession Questions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3812 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone I'm after a bit of advice for what I could or should do!

Ok as I have posted before I had my house repossessed in November 2005. Now 5 years later and my credit reports not as bad as I thought they would be, I'm now wondering if it's too late to query how things were handled.

I had my main current account with Yorkshire Bank that my weekly wages were paid in to. I had a standing order that paid £x amount in to a second account (again a YB account) every week to pay my direct debts. This worked fine for years. Sometimes I would not have enough in my second account and YB would take extra from my main account (without my permission) to make the balance up.

Well at Christmas 2004 I spent a bit more than usual, that resulted in YB not paying the direct debt on my loan. I arranged with YB to increase the weekly standing order and thought everything was OK.

During this time I was mainly staying at my then girlfriends (now wife) house and wasn't checking my post that often. Then in May I took redundancy and this gave my main bank account a boost of about £24,000.

Unbeknown to me at the time YB had stopped paying my loan DD and my mortgage DD despite there being more than enough in my account!

So being oblivious to all this I took my time looking for a new job and got married before getting a new job in October 2005.

I'll cut a long story short, the first I became aware of this was in November

when I went to take my wages out and my card wouldn't work. I phoned YB to find out they had closed all my accounts. I later found out YB had simply stopped paying money in to my second account and nothing was being paid but I was building a lot of charges and becoming overdrawn. This resulted in my mortgage and loan being in arrears and in Nov 2005 had my house repossessed. Then the loan company got a CCJ taken out on me to recover the loan amount.

It was a very stressful time and I was somewhat naïve in believing I had been charged correctly.

Looking at my Credit Reports now I'm thinking I may have been somewhat overcharged by my loan and mortgage company.

So what I wondering is:

Are YB partly responsible? (being as they set a precedent of taking extra money before)

Can I still SAR my mortgage and loan company?

Can I still try to recoup some of the charges?

My mortgage was with EGG and my loan was with BH. Pretty sure I had PPI on both.

I know I'm mostly to blame for not checking my post daily ( I'm not denying that) but just want to check I was taken advantage of.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

First of all this is not going to be easy,you usually find that chasing answers after such a lengh of time has elapsed means being fobbed off by all involved,theres nothing you can do about the repo itself,you would have to show that what Egg did was fraudulant when repossessing your home,however there would be nothing to stop you sending a S.A.R to Egg and to and B.H,but it i were you i would start with the Yorkshire bank and request all the information starting fromjust before the problems began,that way you have something to go on before taking your next step.When you get that lot back i would s.a.r both Egg and BH with a view to claiming the PPI back due to miss-selling,remember that if ppi was not explained to you,and wasn,t the right product that fitted your loan and mortgage criteria then you have a case for miss-selling and thus a claim,however,a word of caution here,the british bankers association have appealed the F.S.A ruling on PPI and many cases are on hold untill the outcome is known.To conclude,yes some persistant phone calls letter writing

emails and a lot of patience might pay dividends here,but it wont happen overnight.