Cold Weather Payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4864 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It's that time of year, you can check by postcode if your getting one here.

http://pensions.direct.gov.uk/en/cold-weather-payment/home.asp

Who can get Cold Weather Payments?

If you are in receipt of Pension Credit, Income Support, Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance or Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA), you may also be able to get Cold Weather Payments.

Pension Credit

If you are in receipt of Pension Credit, you will usually receive Cold Weather Payments.

Income Support and Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance

If you are in receipt of Income Support or Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, you will usually receive Cold Weather Payments if you also have any of following:

• a disability or pensioner premium
  • a child who is disabled
  • Child Tax Credit that includes a disability or severe disability element
  • a child under five living with you

Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

If you are in receipt of Income-related ESA, you will usually receive Cold Weather Payments if you also have any of the following:

• the support or work-related component of ESA
  • a severe or enhanced disability premium
  • a pensioner premium
  • a child who is disabled
  • Child Tax Credit that includes a disability or severe disability element
  • a child under five living with you

Im getting 1 so far

How's this for ridiculous. My daughter lives 5 miles from me but has an Ipswich postcode and I have a Norfolk post code. She gets one, I don't. I'm not complaining, just saying it is ridiculous

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I was awarded Income Support from 3 Nov 2010, will I still be entitled to Cold Weather Payment? I qualify with regards to the criteria i.e. kids under 5, also shows one payment for my postcode area, but it says something about qualifying from 1st November. Will I miss out as my award started on 3 Nov?

Cold weather payments are only available between 1st November and 31st March. So long as the period of cold weather falls on a week where you are due benefit, you should be entitled to the payment.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Cold weather payments are only available between 1st November and 31st March. So long as the period of cold weather falls on a week where you are due benefit, you should be entitled to the payment.

Hi,...I'm on longterm Incapacity Benefit ( 4 years) and I'm 63 now , will I get a coldweatherpayment ??I'm not on any other Benefit.

Thanks for your reply.

:)

Looks like im getting 2 payments now atleast it pays for this amount of gas im useing. lol.

Werner M as for you being over 60 you get the over 60 payment of 250.. see here http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Pensionsandretirementplanning/Benefits/BenefitsInRetirement/DG_10018657

Hi,...I'm on longterm Incapacity Benefit ( 4 years) and I'm 63 now , will I get a coldweatherpayment ??I'm not on any other Benefit.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm afraid not 0 IB is not a qualifying benefit for the cold weather payment.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

Oh, hang on Werner - are you getting the cold weather payment mixed up with the Winter Fuel Payment?

You are of qualifying age for the WFP. So as long during the week of 20th to the 26th September this year, you were resident in Great Britain or Ireland and were not:

in hospital for more than 52 weeks previously, getting free treatment as an inpatient in custody serving a court sentence, subject to immigration control and did not qualify for help from the Department for Work and Pensions, or living in a care home, an independent hospital or Ilford Park Polish Resettlement Home (and had done so for the previous 12 weeks or more) and you were on Pension Credit, income-based Jobseeker's Allowance or income-related Employment and Support Allowance

Then you should qualify for the Winter Fuel Payment. You should have been getting this every year since you turned 60, as long as you met the conditions I've outlined.

hi

my gran who is 74 said she got a cold weather payment 2 weeks ago of £250 im not sure if this is a different one and my gran isnt sure either , im also not sure which benefits she gets she looks after my grandad who is 78 and has been in and out of hospital for the last year and needs constant care , she said some man had come out and filled in paperwork for her to get benefits to help her and she said that my grandads money went up he gets £224 a week and she gets £96

oh i just seen "ERIKAPNP" saying about winter fuel payment then that must be what my gran had

Yes - the Winter Fuel Payment can be either £125, £200, £250, £275, or £400, depending on one's circumstances and age. The Cold Weather Payment is always £25.

Oh, hang on Werner - are you getting the cold weather payment mixed up with the Winter Fuel Payment?

You are of qualifying age for the WFP. So as long during the week of 20th to the 26th September this year, you were resident in Great Britain or Ireland and were not:

in hospital for more than 52 weeks previously, getting free treatment as an inpatient in custody serving a court sentence, subject to immigration control and did not qualify for help from the Department for Work and Pensions, or living in a care home, an independent hospital or Ilford Park Polish Resettlement Home (and had done so for the previous 12 weeks or more) and you were on Pension Credit, income-based Jobseeker's Allowance or income-related Employment and Support Allowance

Then you should qualify for the Winter Fuel Payment. You should have been getting this every year since you turned 60, as long as you met the conditions I've outlined.

Hi and thanks again,.......I'm getting the yearly Winterfuelpayment.

and a happy Christmas to you and thanks for all the help you provide on this Site.

Werner.

:)

Hi all,

I have been on long-term sickness benefit and have always just received Cold Weather Payments. I have just checked the Directgov website for the first time and it states that I am due two payments, however I have not received anything as of yet. Has there been a change to entitlement? Looking at the list of eligibility, I can't work out if I am entitled or not as I am single and don't have any children. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I can't answer your question myself, sorry, but someone else will know. We need to know exactly which benefit you're on though please, to help the guys advise you.

My best, HB

Hi and thanks HB,

I get income support with a sickness premium, sorry I should have stated.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I can't answer your question myself, sorry, but someone else will know. We need to know exactly which benefit you're on though please, to help the guys advise you.

My best, HB

Hi and thanks HB,

I get income support with a sickness premium, sorry I should have stated.

My wife has been on IB for 4 years and HRM DLA during last years cold spell but we didn't recieve the cold weather payment because we weren't on Income Support ... in truth, we didn't know we were eligible

This year, again, she's on IB, HRM and Income Support .. and just last week won her tribunal for Middle Care DLA .. Does she now qualify for the cold weather payment?