mpdollar gets UKCPS court claim!! - update - UKCPS LOST IN COURT!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have seen your thread where you kindly help people dispute private parking fines. I am a similar case, I have recently been landed with a private parking ticket of £60 if paid within 14 days £100 if not, the charge was issued through the post. I am recent graduate and cannot afford such ridiculous charges, I got angry and stupidly sent this email:

To whom it may concern

I have recently received a parking fine from your company, I was parked in the swan lane car park in Evesham for 20 min over the 120min parking limit. I refuse to pay the fine as I was unaware of the new restrictions, in the past I have always left my car in that car park without problems. when I went into the car park it was dark I did not see the new signs. Its absolutely ridiculous that I should pay such a large sum of money to leave my for 2 and a bit hours in the evening when its not even busy. also to add insult to injury instead of issuing me a ticket on the night, you waited like cowards to send me a letter through the post. what you are doing is robbing good people of there money you are evil [problem] artists and I have know idea how you sleep at night, I have just come out of university and am in no position to pay such a ridiculous fine.

Please leave me alone

MOD EDIT: Personal Details removed

In which they replied

Thank you for your further email. Please find attached time and date stamped images of your vehicle entering and leaving the car park. Please also note your comments as stated in your 1st email.

“I was parked in the swan lane car park in Evesham for 20 min over the 120min parking limit.”

This is clearly an admission.

Please arrange to pay ASAP. The amount will rise to £100 if failed to pay by 30th October – that is 14 days after we notified you of the overstay.

Peter Haswell

Office Manager

UKCPS Ltd

0113 2456080

I know it sounds like an admission but i was just stating what they have accused me off!

my question is do i have a case? should I ignore it?

If wanted i can scan and send you the original letter

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As you have probably already realised the best course of action is to ignore from the outset.

Unfortunately it could be read that you admitted to being the driver and that you parked. However ask yourself did you see or read the signs, did you agree to enter into a contract with this company. Even if the company believe they had a contract with you they could only recover their loses. If it is £1 to park for one hour and you stayed 2 and a bit hours you owe them 2 and a bit £s. Or if its a free park you owe them 2 and a bit £0.

Ignore all future letters you will get a few but hold out they normally fade away. If it ever comes to the point that an official county court claim is issued there are members on here who will help you defend any action.

The reason they did not issue a ticket that night is they are not even there. They just have cctv watching you go in and out.Timing you and sending you [problem] invoices. They have the audacity to call it car park control when it is nothing more then a revenue earner. You can see the point in a busy shopping car park were people abuse the car park and park all day and go else where, even then the charges levied can not be justified! But as you state it was late it was dark the car park was not busy, what else can it be but an earner.

Ignore future letters as you have already seen you can not reason with them, they just wish to [problem] your £60.

Hello,

I have seen your thread where you kindly help people dispute private parking fines. I am a similar case, I have recently been landed with a private parking ticket of £60 if paid within 14 days £100 if not, the charge was issued through the post. I am recent graduate and cannot afford such ridiculous charges, I got angry and stupidly sent this email:

To whom it may concern

I have recently received a parking fine from your company, I was parked in the swan lane car park in Evesham for 20 min over the 120min parking limit. I refuse to pay the fine as I was unaware of the new restrictions, in the past I have always left my car in that car park without problems. when I went into the car park it was dark I did not see the new signs. Its absolutely ridiculous that I should pay such a large sum of money to leave my for 2 and a bit hours in the evening when its not even busy. also to add insult to injury instead of issuing me a ticket on the night, you waited like cowards to send me a letter through the post. what you are doing is robbing good people of there money you are evil [problem] artists and I have know idea how you sleep at night, I have just come out of university and am in no position to pay such a ridiculous fine.

Please leave me alone

In which they replied

Thank you for your further email. Please find attached time and date stamped images of your vehicle entering and leaving the car park. Please also note your comments as stated in your 1st email.

“I was parked in the swan lane car park in Evesham for 20 min over the 120min parking limit.”

This is clearly an admission.

Please arrange to pay ASAP. The amount will rise to £100 if failed to pay by 30th October – that is 14 days after we notified you of the overstay.

Peter Haswell

Office Manager

UKCPS Ltd

0113 2456080

I know it sounds like an admission but i was just stating what they have accused me off!

my question is do i have a case? should I ignore it?

If wanted i can scan and send you the original letter

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards

Welcome to CAG MPD.

Just ignore them and remove you personal details from your post.

Your letter and the subsequent response is an example of why you should not write to them.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

The guy threatening me with the charge has now somehow found me on this forum, and is probably reading this now he has told me when my "Court papers" should arrive and also he says by following your guys advice his dangerous and has not worked for so many people, he the adds at the end that i now have the option to pay in installements. This guys is beyond a joke.

admission to what!

a parking invoice!

silly man

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The guy threatening me with the charge has now somehow found me on this forum, and is probably reading this now he has told me when my "Court papers" should arrive and also he says by following your guys advice his dangerous and has not worked for so many people, he the adds at the end that i now have the option to pay in installements. This guys is beyond a joke.

Would he help us in making our decision whether to ignore or pay by naming a few cases they have been successful in.

Good to see Parkingeye are keeping up!!:shock:

The guy has now somehow found me on this forum and suggested that i don't listen to your advice, saying my court papers will arrive on the 24th of November, and also he adds that I now suddenly have the option to pay in instalments! Does it matter that the company seems legit being approved by the BPA?, shall I continue to ignore the xxxx?

They are the BPA, there is no outside body, it is made up of the bosses of the parking companies.

I wouldn't mind you editing the bit of colourfull language out of your post mpdollar, we all know what they are.

Edited by Conniff
  • Haha 1

Do you mind pasting Mr Haswell's message precisely as it appears for us?

To save matt the trouble - here is the reply

Matt

We note you have been posting on the CAG forums as mpdollar. If this charge remains unpaid we will resort to court action to recover the monies owing. Please note the forum advice you are taking has proved unwise for so many people. Please expect court papers around 20th November if you have no intention of paying. If you feel unable to pay the amount in full at once then we can arrange instalments.

Peter Haswell

Office Manager

UKCPS Ltd

Peternet is actually Peter Haswell. He as also been posting on MSE when he gave a list of supposed UKCPS court victories. These turned out not what they seemed.

This is the list he posted:-

ukcps/ McCarthy/Wigan

ukcps/Baines/Liverpool

ukcps/Sidwell/Birmingham

ukcps/Vaughan/Blackpool

Actually they were a list of football players and their teams:-

James McCarthy - Wigan

Leighton Baines - Everton

Steve Sidwell - Aston Villa

David Vaughan - Blackpool

You can draw your own conclusions from that.

UKCPS also use a debt-collection agency called "Court Proceedings Ltd." which I contend is specifically chosen to fool people into believing they are part of the official court system of this country.

To save matt the trouble - here is the reply

Matt

We note you have been posting on the CAG forums as mpdollar. If this charge remains unpaid we will resort to court action to recover the monies owing. Please note the forum advice you are taking has proved unwise for so many people. Please expect court papers around 20th November if you have no intention of paying. If you feel unable to pay the amount in full at once then we can arrange instalments.

Peter Haswell

Office Manager

UKCPS Ltd

What is the basis of your claim?

Desperation sets in or what. Peter Haswell of UKCPS must have nothing better to do all day than troll forums trying to scare recipients of his toilet paper. What a total waste of space. All he does is make himself and his [causing problems] company even more ridiculous. You know you are getting to them when you see this kind of pathetic desperation. Keep it up folks.

Peternet is actually Peter Haswell. He as also been posting on MSE when he gave a list of supposed UKCPS court victories. These turned out not what they seemed.

ukcps/ McCarthy/Wigan

ukcps/Baines/Liverpool

ukcps/Sidwell/Birmingham

ukcps/Vaughan/Blackpool

James McCarthy - Wigan

I suppose they're at least a little more believable than

ukcps/Rooney/Manchester

ukcps/Drogba/London

What a hilarious last few posts, watching with interest.

ukcps/ McCarthy/Wigan

ukcps/Baines/Liverpool

ukcps/Sidwell/Birmingham

ukcps/Vaughan/Blackpool

James McCarthy - Wigan

Well spotted DBC, what a sad t@sser Peter Hasbeen is, seems he has left the building.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 2 weeks later...
What is the basis of your claim?

I cant believe this joker is now getting involved in this forum. I have just recieved my second letter threating me with court action and CCJs now i have to pay a goodwill jesture of £120 for this all to go away!! What do you say guys keep ignoring?

its nothing to do with law and fines......

its an invoice.

ignore them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I cant believe this joker is now getting involved in this forum. I have just recieved my second letter threating me with court action and CCJs now i have to pay a goodwill jesture of £120 for this all to go away!! What do you say guys keep ignoring?

hi mpdollar, there are doing what there want you to do and that is be scared and pay it, im going through the exact think at the minute, but im not scared, i can't wait to see what letters i get next, im still going to ignore them, its up to what you do, im also reading the advise other people people put on this site, do your research on the matter, it will karm your nerves.

WHAT! hes now on this forum!

hi mpdollar, there are doing what there want you to do and that is be scared and pay it, im going through the exact think at the minute, but im not scared, i can't wait to see what letters i get next, im still going to ignore them, its up to what you do, im also reading the advise other people people put on this site, do your research on the matter, it will karm your nerves.

Thanks diamond, i have just this minute placed that letter in an open fire, that did a great job in calming my nerves ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

I have just got what looks like a county court papers, requesting that i now pay £175 or else I will get a CCJ. It looks very official with a Northampton county court stamp and claim number. Do you think these papers are legit????? its getting hard to keep ignoring when im being threatened with CCJ's! :mad2:

WHAT SHOULD I DO????