CCA received after 47 days - but is it valid?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There,

Connaught collections sent me a copy of my credit agreement that I requested on 7th October 2010. I received it on Tuesday 23rd November 2010. It is exactly what 1st Credit sent me 2 years ago when I requested my credit agreement from them, before they passed the debt on to Connaught - a copy of the application form I filled in.

The application form does, however, say on it beside the signature area "This is a credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 etc etc"

Below the signature area, these is a section entitled "Financial and Related Conditions" and this has sections on "Credit Limit" "Credit Charges" and "Payments and Interest Charging" .

They also sent what looks like a computer print-out of Terms and Conditions.

The interesting thing is that I recently applied for my Credit Report and this was not on it? I'm very confused as I haven't paid a penny of this debt in about the last 2 years since I first requested my credit agreement.

I do have another credit card that was with Halifax that I have been paying religiously every month since it went to default years ago, but this showed up on my credit file

Anyway, I digress :) Connaught said on the letter that they sent along with my credit agreement, that payment must be made in full within 7 days.

Should I send them a letter offering them £40 a month or something like this?

Thanks for any advice at all - just not sure what to do next :)

Don't pay them anything.

If it is the same rubbish as 1st Crud sent two years ago and they have not been anywhere near a court with it, in 2 years, then you can be pretty sure its not enforceable.

Just send them the account in dispute letter and ignore everything else they send unless its a N1 claim from the county courts.

Connoughts are just the parlamentary wing of 1st Crud.

They are full f s@@t, ignore them and their monkey solicitors Judge Preistley who are being used to abuse the legal system.

Hi alfwithhair

What is an N1 form? I'm kind of frightened that if I don't offer to start paying again then they will issue me with a CCJ. I'm getting married next year and so I'm really saving. I'm also at that point where I'm thinking about mortgages (hence why I sent for my credit file).

On what grounds can I say the account is in dispute? Because it isn't a valid Credit agreement (don't know if it is).

Is there a letter template for this?

Thanks so much for your help, nice to know we can get advice when needed :)

I received a letter on Friday from Connaught Collections saying that:

"You have now been furnished with theses details (credit agreement) and we have yet to receive a payment proposal in order to discharge the above sum.

Should you ignore this mail and fail to make payment, I see no alternative but to urge my client to issue legal proceedings without further reference to you.......etc etc"

Can I write back now and ask to pay them back at £40 a month? Do I need a letter template for this? Or can I just basically offer this?

I'd need to do it soon as the letter is dated 29/12/2010

Worried!

Hi Worried

Personaly I would sit tight, but there is so much goings on re cca's at the mo, it has to be your decision, however if I was in any doubt as to the enforcability I would await them issuing court action, but make sure you have saturated all avenues before you offer any monies etc, have you thought of a F+F?

Regards..Mr Worried :)

I am a new user and cannot see how to set up a thread. I have checked a number of DCAs and find rhat some are late with their accounts or their registetred office at Compnaies House does not agree with the information held by the OFT.

Surely either fact would be a reason for their Credit Licence at least being suspended.

Can anyone tell me how to set up a thread and how do I mget OFT to deal with the query?

Who ensures that the OFT does it's job?

Thanks for your time

Oh Full and Final? lol

Is there a template for that??????

Not Particualy? as every case is different, however their are caged guidlines on how much to offer for a fat and fatter all depends on the severity of your case, post up the docs they sent you. if poss

Regards..Mr Worried :)

Here's a link to the images in photobucket:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee186/kristad_bucket/credit2.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee186/kristad_bucket/credit%20agreement/credit1.jpg

The terms and conditions have a printed date of 2008 and a file name that is "classic T&Cs"

Photobucket is quite limited as it only lets you zoom once :(

What do you think??