Sequenci's friend, Barclaycard default removal...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4070 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, here is the deal!

My friend has a Barclaycard default from a couple of years ago. The CCA route has been taken and no agreement has been forthcoming. We've not heard a great deal since.

We're toying with trying to get the default removed, we're thinking about a SAR as the next move.

Your thoughts?

Poking a sleeping dog comes to mind. Doing a SAR may just remind them your friends debt is still outstanding. If there are charges that could help reduce the debt then fair do's.

The only way I have heard to remove the default is to take the creditor to court and that's no cake walk either. As I see it, all BC would have to do is get an 'expert' witness to say that they would never offer credit without the signature-even though they cannot prove that with your friend. It's the balance of probabilities again.

I think it's back to sleeping dogs-don't poke em!

• Haha 1

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Well my good man, usually I would be the first to agree with you. The problem is that we need to get this default removed as it is the only one on his credit file. He needs to get to a position to remortgage, it's vital! It's a very old agreement and has been around a couple of the external DCA's, I'm pretty confident that we can fend off any further action if the DCA's try it.

Things are never easy eh?

I did read somewhere (a long time ago)that a Cagger had gone after a creditor after getting charges refunded rendering the default figures incorrect. Whether they actually did anything is another matter.

Negotiation is always an option. Perhaps BC would offer a remortgage-now i'm just being silly:|

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Thanks for your assistance squire :)

You're welcome serf :-)

A F&F is always an option but you know what creditors are like. I predict the best they will put is 'partially settled' which is just as useless as a default