HFO and Citifinancial Debt

foxoidbox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am currently going through exactly the same thing with HFO over a Citifinancial Debt - I received a letter from Roger Mills on Saturday demanding £1900 within 3 days otherwise they will send court executed bailiffs - I have been going out of my mind with worry.

I defaulted with Citifinancial in 2006 and heard nothing from them until Roger started threatening me a week ago! The debt was at my previous address which i left 4 yrs ago, he also attached my credit file to the letter which included the names of the people currently on the electoral role at my old address - is it even legal for him to send this??

I am so worried as to what will happen next but have sent the CCA letter today!

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks :-)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I am currently going through exactly the same thing with HFO over a Citifinancial Debt - I received a letter from Roger Mills on Saturday demanding £1900 within 3 days otherwise they will send court executed bailiffs - I have been going out of my mind with worry.

I defaulted with Citifinancial in 2006 and heard nothing from them until Roger started threatening me a week ago! The debt was at my previous address which i left 4 yrs ago, he also attached my credit file to the letter which included the names of the people currently on the electoral role at my old address - is it even legal for him to send this??

I am so worried as to what will happen next but have sent the CCA letter today!

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks :-)

Hi Fox can you start your own thread on this.

cheers

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Roger? Crikey, don’t get familiar... Start your own thread and then...

That certainly seems like a breach if those details were from anything other than the electoral roll.

Did the letter actually say bailiffs would be sent? Hope the court doesn’t execute them first (or maybe I do...). Was it the standard 72 hour letter? When you have 20 posts, you can put it on here. Maybe get it scanned in readiness.

What you need to find out is

(a) do HFO have the right to collect this?

(b) have they added interest or charges they are not entitled to?

© were there unlfair charges on the original account?

To do this, you need to send a subject access request to Citi, and a CCA request to HFO.

Who claims to own the account?

EDIT:

Will ask a mod to make a new thread for you with the title ‘HFO threats on Citi debt”

Hello and Welcome, foxoidbox.

I have started a new thread for you, please continue to post here, regarding this matter.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

The letter states that the debt is due for immediate repayment and if its not received within 3 days then the account will be escalated to the legal desk to take legal action against me. From what i can gather they havent yet got a judgement against me!

The original defaulted amount was for £1347 but HFO are demanding £1993.17

Im so worried about this

Im so worried about this

Thats only natural, but in finding CAG and the HFO fan club, that will all change, keep posting, research all the other HFO threads and we will do our best for a happy ending.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Hi and Welcome

Standard HELP pack below - don't worry

Complaints

OFT&TS via http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

MOJ via http://www.justice.gov.uk/contactus.htm

Local MP via http://www.writetothem.com/

OFT Guidance link

This helps when drafting a letter to OFT

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?416-The-OFT-Debt-collection-guidance

Receipt of e-consumerview report complaints

Link to a CAG thread on experian and complaining, there is a sample letter in there

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ment&highlight=

Harassment Letter

To stop those annoying phone calls

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...esponse-letter

SAR Request

Subject access request letter attached to send with £10 postal order - send recorded delivery and sign over the dotted area at the bottom. They have 40 days to reply. They have 40 days to reply. Adapt the last paragraph to give any previous addresses that the OC may have and attach a copy of a utility bill or they will write back and ask for one.

CCA Request

CCA letter to send with a £1 postal order by recorded delivery, do not sign. They have 12 plus 2 working days to reply. If nothing valid is received you can send a letter to put the account in dispute and this should stop them contacting you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?414-CCA-request-letter

Account in Dispute letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?436-Failure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

SAR Anon.pdf

• Haha 1

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Hi

HFO have sent me another letter (72 hour notice of litigation). I did send them a letter recorded delivery at the beginning of last week requesting that they send me copies of the original documentation regarding the debt. They havent acknowledged this and are now saying that the debt will increase etc etc.

I am worrying again and need some advice as to what I should do next

Please help.

Thank you :-)

Hi

Exactly which letters did you send? Did you send the CCA request and have you checked with Royal Mail that this has been received? The 72 hour letter is just a very empty threat designed to intimidate you so don't be alarmed. Did they attach anything to it?

donate

Hi

Yes I sent the CCA letter and I have checked on royal mail - HFO received it on 01.12.10, which is the same date that this letter they have sent me is dated.

The letter says if i fail to respond within 72 hours they will pass my details to their solicitors for legal action. They have attached information regarding CCJ which contains a load of FAQ's etc.

What should I do next? Should I send another letter referring to the CCA letter I sent?

Thank you

After the 17th December, you can send the 'account in dispute' letter if you do not receive a valid copy of a credit agreement from them. This normally shuts them up. The letter link is in the post I put in above, with all the links on it. I would allow a few more days due to the festive season, so probably send after the holidays.

Do not write back to them, before putting the account in dispute. I would definately make some complaints to the authorities - again the links are in the post above, as the more complaints the better, about these people. I presume the leaflet was a Court Service publication? If so - you must complain to the court service about this misuse of their information, send the a copy of the letter and leaflet and ask why government information is being used to intimidate you.

Did you send the SAR request to Citi? This is worth doing soon as you can.

HFO are out to frighten you - don't let them.

donate

I havent yet sent the SAR letter I will do this tomorrow. Should I just ignore the 72 hour litigation notice for now and wait until 17th to see if they send me the CCA stuff and if they dont i'll send the account dispute one?

Yes its a court service publication which they have attached it made me panic. I also changed my BT number to stop them from ringing me :-)

Thank you so much for this advice its helping to calm me down and stop me worrying so much, HFO certainly know how to intimidate people!

I will find Citi address in a minute but regarding a complaint to Experian here are the details. Cerrtainly complain to ICO but you should send a complaint to Experian as ICO will ask if you have done this - I suggest you complain on the website and offer to post them the letter and report by post or electronically

Important if you have one of these reports

Link below to the e-consumerview complaints page for anyone who has received one of these reports. I would suggest that you register a complaint along the lines of (amend to suit):

'I have received a letter (dated...) from a company called HFO Services Ltd who claim that I owe them money for a debt. This letter states that they will (expand on threats......) unless I contact them within 72 hours. Attached to this letter is a credit report on myself which HFO have obtained from your service.

I am not aware that I have any financial relationship with HFO or any obligation to them and they have not offered any proof of this. I wish to complain, in the strongest possible terms, about the actions of this company and their use of my data in this way.

Can you confirm to me that this company are eligable to obtain my data from your service and are abiding fully with your terms and conditions
link3.gif
and the Data Protection Act'

I am happy to forward you a copy of the letter and report for your inspection - I will be progressing this matter with the Information Commissioners Office and OFT

Link to web site

http://www.uk.experian.com/e-consume..._complain.html

donate

• 2 months later...

Hi

I need some more advice please. I sent the 'Account in dispute' letter on 4th Jan and today I have received a letter today from HFO containing the application form for the loan. They havent sent me the requested statements etc! What should I do now? Please help.

Many Thanks

Louise