Suspect I'm paying too much for gas

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm currently with SE for my gas on a prepayment meter, and I can't help but think I'm paying too much for my gas. I'm currently paying off a debt at £6 a week, and after putting on £20 a fortnight, leaves us with £14 for gas to last 2 weeks. Here's a list of of payments made since September:

Gas.jpg

It hasn't as yet registered that I put £20 on on Saturday (26/11) As it stands, I currently have £6.42 left on the meter to last until Friday.

Be good to yourself, when nobody else will

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Jr

Have you got specific circumstances that would allow you to go on there low income tariff, which I'm fairly sure they have, i.e. are you benefits, or do you have young children?

Careline on 0800 622 838

http://www.southern-electric.co.uk/uploadedFiles/CoreMarketingSites/Assets/Documents/SEprepaystatement.pdf

Give them a ring tell them what tariff your on, tell them it's unacceptable and you shouldn't have to choose between food and heating. I'd be very surprised if they didn't. I'm sure it part of their agreement with Ofgem.

Me and my partner claim JSA, do they have a social tariff?

Well that was a waste of time, got transferred to the Prepayment department only to be told that I'm gonna have to make what's left on the meter last until Friday. Not only that but I've also just been told that my debt for £302.96 is in fact £522, so they've added money without sending any kind of notification. The girl I spoke to couldn't of been more unhelpful if she tried.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Jr

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, E-mail [email protected]

I would explain your circumstances. Explain that you've got into debt with your bills becuase of your circumstances and

that Southern Electric have done nothing to help you. Tell him that the debt has increased and that you want to know

why as you were told it was one figure and suddenly it's jumped to a higher figure - and nobody has contacted you about this.

And can you be put on a different tariff. Mark the E-mail Formal Letter of Complaint

He is the CEO of Southern Electric.

Well that was a waste of time, got transferred to the Prepayment department only to be told that I'm gonna have to make what's left on the meter last until Friday. Not only that but I've also just been told that my debt for £302.96 is in fact £522, so they've added money without sending any kind of notification. The girl I spoke to couldn't of been more unhelpful if she tried.

Did they get a warrant to replace the meters? If so, that could be the extra ...

No, they never got a warrant. I told them straight away that there wasn't any way I could pay it off all at once, so I agreed to have the prepayment meter installed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm currently with SE for my gas on a prepayment meter, and I can't help but think I'm paying too much for my gas. I'm currently paying off a debt at £6 a week, and after putting on £20 a fortnight, leaves us with £14 for gas to last 2 weeks. Here's a list of of payments made since September:

Gas.jpg

It hasn't as yet registered that I put £20 on on Saturday (26/11) As it stands, I currently have £6.42 left on the meter to last until Friday.

If you are putting on £20 per fortnight and paying £6 per week that only leaves you £6 for gas for 2 weeks???

How long has it been since the prepayment was put in?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

The meter got installed in April. In all honesty I don't actually know how the repayment works. When I rang on Monday the girl on the phone said they take £6 every time I credit the meter.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Finally got a response from SE Customer Services:

Mr Hunter

Thank you for your e-mail.

I sincerely apologise that you have previously received an unsatisfactory response when contacting one of our advisors. Feedback will be provided to the advisor involved to ensure a similar incident does not occur in the future.

I am sorry that you did not receive the final statement of £200.23. This can be attributed to the fact that we do not send out statements for pre-payment meter accounts and as your credit meter account was not finalled until after the pre-payment meter was installed, this resulted in the bill not being sent. This is a known system fault and I will ensure that your own experience is highlighted to the department involved. I will ensure that a copy of the final statement is issued to you under separate cover.

I appreciate that you are finding it difficult to make the payments onto your meter and, as such, I have arranged for your debt recovery rate to be reduced from £6 per week to £3 per week based on your circumstances.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]