Overdrawn

Webbo1981
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This may be a daft question so please excuse me, however, I currently have two current accounts and HSBC being one of them which isn't used. I have an overdraft of 1000 limit with HSBC which I am currently at £400 overdrawn. In the past six years I have had loads of charges or penalties. I currently dont have the money to pay the overdraft off....however would I be ok to make a claim against them although being overdrawn. Or is it best to try and clear my balance first and then make a claim?

Regards

Guest Mumofthreeboys
This may be a daft question so please excuse me, however, I currently have two current accounts and HSBC being one of them which isn't used. I have an overdraft of 1000 limit with HSBC which I am currently at £400 overdrawn. In the past six years I have had loads of charges or penalties. I currently dont have the money to pay the overdraft off....however would I be ok to make a claim against them although being overdrawn. Or is it best to try and clear my balance first and then make a claim?

Regards

You don't need to clear your balance before claiming - afterall, it's their fault you're overdrawn :)

What mum said! I am about £200 in my overdraft as of today and I got my offer through! It doesn't matter at all!

Are the charges totalling more then £400?

Preliminary letter sent 15/08/06 - HSBC in Leeds received 16/08/06. No reply within two weeks. :mad:

LBA sent 30/08/06 - Received 01/09/06 by HSBC Leeds. I am giving them 28 days as opposed to 14 days due to holiday. :cool:

Offer received 07/09/06 just under amount claiming - I am accepting! Sorted in 22 days :D

so just go for a claim as normal? do you think there is any chance they may ask me to clear the balance first?

They won't do that webbo - after reading many threads here, i would say a large amount of the people that use CAG were into their overdrafts if not over when they claimed!

Preliminary letter sent 15/08/06 - HSBC in Leeds received 16/08/06. No reply within two weeks. :mad:

LBA sent 30/08/06 - Received 01/09/06 by HSBC Leeds. I am giving them 28 days as opposed to 14 days due to holiday. :cool:

Offer received 07/09/06 just under amount claiming - I am accepting! Sorted in 22 days :D

What mum said! I am about £200 in my overdraft as of today and I got my offer through! It doesn't matter at all!

Are the charges totalling more then £400?

Yes the charges total more than £400...easily....

Yes the charges total more than £400...easily....

Well thats cool then - when you get your nice large pay out you can pay off your overdraft too :D

Honestly mate, if you follow everything step by step, always following the stages outlined on here, you can't go wrong. But as I have said before on this site, always always send everything by recorded delivery!

Well thats cool then - when you get your nice large pay out you can pay off your overdraft too :D

Honestly mate, if you follow everything step by step, always following the stages outlined on here, you can't go wrong. But as I have said before on this site, always always send everything by recorded delivery!

excellent thanks for your reply. I haven't bothered making my first claim yet, with hsbc, as I was under the impression I would have to clear my balance first. I will ask for my 6 years worth of statements first though.....recorded delivery....am glad you pointed that out.....thankyou