Jump to content

Receive DLA - reduce your council tax


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I'm not sure if this is in the right section, so mods feel free to move it.


If any of you out there are in receipt of the highest level of one of the components of DLA you can get your consultant to sign a form which entitles you to 20% off your council tax. CAB will be able to give details, or if you happen to live in South Wales, pm me and I'll give you a number.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I get higher rate Mobility, but I also get CT benefit. So I suppose they would just give with one hand and take with the other. It's a nice idea for those that can work though :)


I guess as you are already in receipt of CT relief you are unlikely to be eligible (sadly). You don't however have to be in work. In my case I was forced into early retirement due to a serious illness which has left me unable to work, but my pension is too large to qualify for CT relief. I still get the 20% reduction.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...