New and nervous

dismith134
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:-| Have been reading through this site for last 5 hours and have decided it's about time I did something about reclaiming back bank charges.

Have been over FAQ and no doubt will refer to them again and again.

Before I proceed with SAR is it best to open a new bank account.

Any help would be gratefully received.

The best suggestion IS to open an account, and the sooner the better. Once you have reclaimed the penalties applied to your current account more than twice it is likely that HSBC will close the account for 'commercial reasons...'

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

It is highly unlikely they will close the account, I have just been offered the full amount with no decision to close my account.... I do know that if you claim more than once then they will give you 30 days notice on your account.

I think I read on another thread that after the 3rd claim, HSBC will close your account for 'commercial reasons'.

I am looking forward to following your progress as you are about 10 days ahead of me. I sent my prelim letter today. Fingers crossed....

Sarah

Go for it! I had a partial settlement offer from HSBC at the weekend. Tomorrow my letter gets posted telling them it's partial and that I still want the rest of the money. They have until the 18th to pay up or I file papers and add on my 8% interest!

HSBC - 2 accounts - £5016.44 - WON!

Now going after them for my husbands account - £283.30. Prelim letter sent 26th October 2006.

I think I read on another thread that after the 3rd claim, HSBC will close your account for 'commercial reasons'.

I am looking forward to following your progress as you are about 10 days ahead of me. I sent my prelim letter today. Fingers crossed....

Sarah

Hello, If you go to page 3 of my thread, you will see that I had a full settlement offer but I;m waiting for full payment... woo hoo....

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, thought I would update you all so far.

I sent request for repyament of charges on 13 September and have heard absolutely nothing. I am now sending letter before action today.

Is it crucial to keep to the timescale? I am a busy working mum and have very little access to the internet so letter before action is a few days late.

If I don't hear anything from letter before action I will not be able to keep to the timescales with regards to filing a claim in the courts as I am away when the 14 days is up. I do mean business but would this delay hinder me.

Thanks for any help

The delay wont hinder your chances of getting your money back. Its better late than early as at least you are seen as being reasonable and not making impossible deadlines. Some people have delayed quite a lot due to money reasons when filing with mcol. Good luck and stick with it.

Louise