Welcome, and their other companies are at it again

wacker

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

THESE CLOWNS ARE AT IT AGAIN.

I received a letter from MKRR back at the start of June, saying that Welcome have passed this to them, I replied with CCA letter, and I heared nothing from them.

Then I received another letter from Raven Recoveries at the end of August, saying that MKRR have passed this to them. So I sent them a Account In Dispute letter.

I have now received a letter from MKRR saying this account is not in dispute, even thou I have never received any CCA info I requested from them.

I have not had any thing to do with this for over 5 years, which would mean its Stat Barred.

Can anybody give me any advice how I should handle this?

Edited by wacker

Hi

amend this letter template to suit your circumstances and send it to MKRR - by recorded.

Here is link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?426-A-letter-when-the-account-has-been-passed-to-another-debt-collection-agency

You say you have not had anything to do with debt for 5 years - are you in Scotland?

If so send the following letter and ignore the above one - if its stat barred you dont need a CCA defence - and they have to prove its not stat barred, not you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?424-Statute-Barred-Letter-SCOTLAND

Edited by dadofholly

Cheer for info.

But can they use the letters I have sent them recently. Because in the stat barred letter it is quoted" written contact from myself in the relevant period under Part 1 Section 6 of The Prescription and Limitation (Scotland) Act 1973"

Can they use this as proof?

Cheer for info.

But can they use the letters I have sent them recently. Because in the stat barred letter it is quoted" written contact from myself in the relevant period under Part 1 Section 6 of The Prescription and Limitation (Scotland) Act 1973"

Can they use this as proof?

When did this become statute barred? if it was statute barred BEFORE you sent any letters then no they can not use this against you - once it becomes statute barred - nothing can un-barr it.

Yes it was more than 5 Years, before I started sending letters to them.

Just to make sure does Stat Barred come into force straight away as soon as the 5 years or more, or does it have to go to court to enforce it?

Yes it was more than 5 Years, before I started sending letters to them.

Just to make sure does Stat Barred come into force straight away as soon as the 5 years or more, or does it have to go to court to enforce it?

It becomes stat barred automaticaly. No need for court order - if you are in Scotland and had no contact for 5 years it's Stat barred - end of - and can not be undone at a later date.