End of contract advice with orange

jbarnsie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Orange contract ends 01-02-2011

Current plan is web dolphin £20 per month 300 mins unlimited texts and unlimited web

Rang up last night after 2 hours on hold i gave up so tried again this morning, was offered and agreed to the following

same plan

£12.50 per month

24 months

lg optimus g540

having thought this through i am thinking of refusing the phone when it arrives, i tried for fifteen minutes to get a better handset at 12.50 per month, i have been with orange 9 years and estimate to have spent 8k or so with them.

Any views on this deal and whether i should accept?

thanks

At £12.50 a month you're never going to get a great phone. The LG doesn't look too bad, and it seems like a great deal for the monthly price.

If you want a very cheap monthly outlay but aren't concerned about the phone too much then go for it. If you'd rather have a better phone then you're going to have to pay more (either more monthly, or maybe pay towards the cost of the handset at the beginning). I assume that your previous spend and tenure have gone in your favour, but i can't see them being able to offer a better phone at that monthly price without making a loss (and lets face it, what company would do that).

Overall, i reckon it's a good deal. You could even sell the phone when it comes and buy yourself a better one if you want.

It is a fools game to try to 'make' on a new phone - you have too much to lose and financial defaults if you slip up. Incidentally, your contract doesn't end, only you've reached the end of your minimum term. Your contract then becomes one in which you can terminate with 30 days notice, which is very useful - but still leaves you exposed if you lose it ot it is stolen.