Letter from 1st credit possibly re old debt

Crofty75

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Hoping to get a bit if advice just to make sure I'm going to do the right thing really.

Had a letter from 1st credit ( just Bern reading about their bully boy tactics again), saying they are trying to get in contact with me and believe I live at this address. Obviously they want me to call which I won't do.

I don't know what debt it could be referring to but all if mine are over six years old and in that time I have heard diddly squat.

When they send the next letter detailing supposed debt, shall I send the usual statute barred letter also asking for proof all all correspondences and payments made.

Just want to be sure as had to do this at the beginning if the year with the student loans company who wiped the debt.

Thanks for reading.

Crofty75 :)

Hi just file under rubbish for now and see what they come up with next then decide on how to proceed

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Begin a complaint with the OFT&TS via http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

For sending out irritating nonsence that has zero meaning to anyone except themselves and their tiny minds..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

1st crud chasing a statute barred alleged debt? Whatever next lol...

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Lol yeeeeeeees.

I don't know what debt this is for yet. I'm not saying I dont have one but it's def statute barred. Cant help it if I try and let people know my change if address but no one documents it. :(

I'm just preparing myself for the barrage of letters and abuse.

I trust that you are an adult? Why allow them to abuse you? Unless that is some sort of kinky perversion I'm not aware of yet??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

smiley-laughing001.gif

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Must be confetti time at worst cretins, I had one of these as well. Isn't there an OFT guideline that says they should not pursue a debt where it is not certain that the person they are contacting is the debtor in question?

Eyes opened and back in control of my life thanks to this site x

Must be confetti time at worst cretins, I had one of these as well. Isn't there an OFT guideline that says they should not pursue a debt where it is not certain that the person they are contacting is the debtor in question?

Yes and it's backed up by the UCPD which is part of the CPUTR 2008.

• Confused 1

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)