Bristow Sutor say they will Seize Car against council tax debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4899 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

My other half's dad bought my missus a car on his credit card and she is paying him back so much a week. She is the registered keeper of the car. We had a visit for the above unmentionables and they said that they would seize the car. We informed them that the car was not hers but her dads allthough she was the registered keeper.

2 days later they were banging on the door to which she did not answer and then posted a seizure notice through the letterbox. It claims that they are seizing the car and we had 5 days to pay them 1400 notes. is there anything we can do? With the way they have timed it, we cant do anything over the weekend so will be expecting a visit from them on the early hours of monday morning. We have been trying to get through the the council who always seem to be engaged and are running out of time.

Can we stop them taking the car?

:whoo:Debt Paid £9.99 - Unlawful Debt Removed £51.09 - Total Debt Busted £61.08:whoo:

SFUK vs Jacamo / JD Williams - WON

SFUK vs Vanquis Bank - Ongoing

you must of had previous visits etc

i take it this is ctax arrears?

tell us the story.......

why has it got this high?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Is the Notice of Seizure correct? Have they described the goods as are including make, colour & VRM? On the Seizure Notice have they listed their charges? How old is the vehicle and what is its approx worth?

Easiest way to solve this is a Statutory Declaration sworn before a Solicitor or Commissioner for Oaths usual cost £5/£10, you can normally walk in off the street to have it done. Unless the vehicle has a substantial value then you could also send them this letter:

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account. I note your Bailiff has made a Levy on a Ford Dipstick, Reg No: Z999 CAR. However I wish you to note that the value of this car if taken for sale at auction would raise at most £2-50. As you doubtless know any goods seized for sale at auction must cover the bailiff costs, removal costs, all auction costs and a proportion of the debt I owe.

The above being confirmed by the Judgment of Throssell v Leeds City Council where the judge states:

"as for your car how old is it? I.E. would the sale of it actually cover a large percentage of the bill anyway?

a vehicle should only be removed if the proceeds of sale provide that there would be a surplus available to the liability order after deductions for the bailiff fees, , removal storages and auctioneers fees."

As this clearly does not cover all these costs I put it to you that your Bailiff has a Levy that makes a financial gain for both him/herself and your Company.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]