Letter from RED

Armsoft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I`ve received a letter from RED regarding a mobile phone contract perceived debt that has been brought by Lowell (who have registered this, actually taken over the registration on my Credit file from 3mobile).

The letter reads as follows -

Your account is still outstanding

Since our last letter we have not received payment in full or been able to set up a repayment plan.

Unless we hear from you about repayment within seven days of the date of this letter, we will obtain a copy of your credit file and review it so that we can gain a better understanding of your finances.

Your credit file will help us understand:

1. What assests you have

2. Other financial commitments, such as credit cards and other borrowing

3. Your ability to repay.

Based on this information we could then instruct Hamptons Legal, our legal division, to use the court system to recover money owed.

We would obviously prefer to speak to you directly and not have to need to use litigation. If you call us, together we can find a repayment plan that suits you.

Yours sincerely

Kevin Allmark

Collections Manager

End of letter

I have a few observations/Questions -

* This actually the first letter I have received from RED regarding this perceived debt

* Can they actually obtain a copy of my Credit File?

* They have the CreditExpert logo printed on their letter (are they part of Experian?)

Any thoughts/Suggestions please?

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- SETTLED IN FULL:eek:

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

Red are Lowells just the next desk along!! so they are referring to Lowells letters, just don't know how to get the grammer correct!!

These letters are, as always full of mights, maybes coulds etc. so bear that in mind.

Unfortunately DCAs and CRAs are all 'in bed' together, and they will get a look at your CRA. However, you could hit them with a Section 10 letter tellng them they do not have your written authority to do so.

If you are happy to 'play' then send Red the 'prove it letter' as you have never heard directly from them.

http://www.consumerwiki.co.uk/index.php/Data_Protection_Act_-_S10_Notice

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Oh dear, Lowlifes and the infamous 3G debts again!

Did you have a contract with 3?

If so how long for, did you cancel mid term, or see it through to the end?

Did you write to 3 to tell them you wanted to cancel your contract with them?

Have they added any charges on to your account?

How long ago did you have this account?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I have still got a contract with 3, infact my current contract was due to end on the 17th November and I gave them 30days notice but they were so, so desperate to keep me that they offered me a new phone (Nokia Touchscreen) on my current contract (600mins plus 600text with unlimited internet) for just £5 per month inclusive of VAT for an 18month contract, so I`m still with them.

I had a second contract with them that finished back in 2008 and they insisted that I owed them £183, we argued about it, I said that I owed them nothing as I had ended my contract and had given them 30 days notice (albeit not in writing), and I never heard from them again (until Now)

I checked my credit file and sure enough Lowell had registered a default on my file for the 3 account.

No charges seem to have been added (I seem to recall that the disputed amount was £183)

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

I have found contacting 3 at the below e-mail address has always been helpful, have suggested this to many people and they mostly seem satisfied with the outcome: Ignore the threateners, go to the organ grinder, not the monkey!!

[email protected]

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

I have had very recent (last week) dealings with 3 and resolved them extremely quickly. I have 5 contracts with them and spent a frustrating afternoon talking to frontliners in call centres who would not pass me on. I sent an e-mail straight to Kevin Russell the CEO and it was dealt with by the e-mail address above. They're good! They phoned me in the morning after I'd set in motion the cancelling of all 5 contracts and said I would not pay early termination charges but would see them in court, they asked for fove days in which to resolve the issue. I refused this and said I would give them till 17.30 hrs that same day, otherwise the contracts were to be cancelled. They phoned at 17.00 to say they'd written off all the "debt" (because they hadn't capped a phone when I asked them to), given us a months contract free on all 5 contracts and £200 compensation.

They do not want to lose customers, so if this is a "perceived" debt, the above e-mail, or CEO himself (I can give you his e mail if you want it) may well help.

What can I say, but Thankyou very much for all your help and advice with this.

I`m in the process of putting together an email now

I`ll update you on progress

Thanks once again

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug