Aktiv Kapitals "New Deal"

merlin100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It must be "Xmas Bonus" time in the DCA industry.

The missus must be on the latest shortlist of potential mugs as shes now getting daily letters from ****** city!

Anyway, AKs latest propaganda -

If she pays £600+ NOW - they will pay the remaining £1100+

OR!!

the other "fantastic" ( their word) offer is something called New Deal, here is the wording-

"New Deal enables you to reduce the amount you owe. You may also be eligable for Aktiv Kapital Plus which enables you to accrue even more money each month ( do tell!), this is put to one side for you in your "New Deal" account to use towards settling your account.

We may also kickstart your "New Deal" account by adding a lump sum to get you started"

You can call us..........

Now, here is another account that is almost stat barred. I wonder which bunch of kids dreams this crap up?

And I wonder whats next - "Pay us just £1 now and we will consider writing the debt off. Which translated into DCA speak means "thanks for giving us another 6 years to get this to court".

They kept sending me offers, "deals" and even... wait for it... "coupons" that could be returned and used against the amount they claimed that I owed.

I'd been paying them for quite a while, and when they upped the amount that they said I had to pay each month (I'm on benefits - "New Deal" but more about that in a sec) I thought they were being ridiculous.

By that time, I'd found CAG and so I sent them a CCA request. Within 12 days of receipt, I got a letter saying that they would no longer be collecting the alleged debt as they could not get hold of ANY of the relevant documents from the original creditor. I'm just waiting for the next mug DCA to buy an uncollectable debt from them and contact me...

So, to this "New Deal" - I wonder if there'd be cause for complaint about that phrase being used. Those on JSA are put on the Government's/DWP's "New Deal" scheme after a cetain amount of time. Many debtors are in receipt of benefits and the use of that phrase could confuse some people into thinking that it might be somehow related to JSA and therefore more respectable or official and benefit (pardon the pun) them in some way.

Misrepresentation perhaps?

If they're offering such huge discounts, it would make me wonder if perhaps they don't have the correct paperwork and are well aware of this. Have you CCA'd them? Plus, I would think that daily letters would amount to harassment...

Any offer of a discount should be seen as they 'don't have a legal leg to stand on'.

You must admit that even by DCA's......well you wouldn't call them standards....but lets say, working practices to offer someone a discount is a kin to cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Unless they work on the idea that something is better than nothing? But you have to ask yourself why indeed did it end up in the hands of leeches anyway? Maybe because it is like a poison challice round the OC's neck and they want to be rid of it, so sell it to morons, claim the rest of the money back through their insurance/tax relief, and pass the buck. If any alleged debt that was bona fide, then the OC would hold onto it and take the debtor to court claiming ALL the alleged debt.

These tin pot DCA's are comedians, driven by greed and materialistic objects, they know no bounds and have blood on their hands, who could possibly want to work for such a disgraceful organisation that is willing to push people to suicide and attempt to bully people that for one reason or another cannot pay what this country's banks have forced on them.

Come on trolls.....

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Well said.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I had a missive from them this morning regarding a well statute barred debt, rang up and gave some unfortunate an earful because I felt competent to do so - they hung up on me and I wasn't being rude just more knowledgeable.

Anyway do not call them unless you really know what you are talking about and more to the point only if you are in the right mood for it.

Statute Barred letter now sent, and an OFT complaint made about Philips for selling it on to Aktiv when I had already told them it was statute barred and no payment would be forthcoming.

Just received this, nothing to do with the recent OFT ruling which I also sent them a copy of I suppose...

Dear kerravon

Thank you for your email.

We have investigated the issues raised in your letter, and can confirm that legal action on this account would be statute barred under the Limitations Period. We have therefore taken the decision not to pursue this matter any further.

We can confirm that the account is now closed and you should receive no further contact from us with regards to this matter.

Please contact us if you have any further queries.

Regards,

Joleigh Penniall

Customer Services Department

Aktiv Kapital (UK) Ltd.

Aktiv Kapital UK Ltd.

PO Box 444, Bromley, Kent, BR1 1ZB

Tel 0800 015 5505

I had similar letters from them, eventually.

The debt was previously chased by Intrum Justitia (who were very threatening), Moorcrofts, and I'm sure some more, before Aktiv got their hands on it. I received every kind of threat in the book from these various firms, and somehow the debt managed to creep up from around £5,800 to just under £8,000 (not much creeping there - I'd call it 100mph increase!) by the time things came to a head.

The debt was Statute Barred and that's why Aktiv started to get 'generous' towards me. They stopped the THREATENING BY WRITING IN BIG HUGE CAPIAL LETTERS approach, and stopped writing on bright orange paper to try and grab my attention and scare me. They started offering 10% off the balance if I paid in full, and this 'discount' gradually went up and up.

When I ignored their kindness they started "writing up legal papers" blah blah, so I sent them the SB letter. Got back the most beautiful letter I'd ever seen them write, with:

"We can confirm that legal action on this account would be statute barredlink3.gif under the Limitations Period. We have therefore taken the decision not to pursue this matter any further. We can confirm that the account is now closed and you should receive no further contact from us with regards to this matter."

I cannot tell you how happy that letter made me! Finally I'd got the better of the ba$tards who work in the debt collection industry. One small victory but still more debts to pay off (which I am paying off) and yes I got railroaded into a Charging Order with Link, but this victory was sweet.

And talking of Link, that reminds me - of late, they keep leaving me phone messages to call them. All very chirpy and friendly with happy tones etc. but it appears they flatly refuse to write to me when I don't call them back. My monthly repayments to them continue and I assume they're at their usual trick of trying to talk me into upping my payments. They can keep those calls coming in for all I care.

Aktiv are a bunch of morons. Spouse owes about £1400 for a 7 year old debt and we asked them for a settlement figure and they came up with £800. We tried to negotiate with them to accept £650 but they would not budge. As my spouse is now unemployed we then requested that the monthly payment be dropped to £10. Stunned silence, a bit of muttering about "but you have £650". Tough we said you refused it and now we can only pay £10 per month. Thinking of reducing it to £1 per month now. :-D

Just received this, nothing to do with the recent OFT ruling which I also sent them a copy of I suppose...

Dear kerravon

Thank you for your email.

We have investigated the issues raised in your letter, and can confirm that legal action on this account would be statute barred under the Limitations Period. We have therefore taken the decision not to pursue this matter any further.

We can confirm that the account is now closed and you should receive no further contact from us with regards to this matter.

Please contact us if you have any further queries.

Regards,

Joleigh Penniall

Customer Services Department

Aktiv Kapital (UK) Ltd.

Aktiv Kapital UK Ltd.

PO Box 444, Bromley, Kent, BR1 1ZB

Tel 0800 015 5505

wait for the next leecher to buy it on a phishing list!

ignore them!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...