nationwide credit card - agreement.

sandraroff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4897 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my sons pays these people for a nationwide credit card debt. nothing but kindness. so far. and its been a few years. even when he was in hospital and teh payments fell behind.

Id be nice to you if you was paying me money that I wasn't entitled to.

Have you CCA'd them to see if they are entitled to collect.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Sandraroff I think he means do they have the relevant paper work to be collecting the debt.

Send a CCA and see what they come back with, then post it up.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter

Edited by Craigbadger

• 2 months later...

just to keep you up to speed. i sent the letter and had a reply back saying that they were going back to their client and that teh account was on hold. that was pretty quick to them receiving my letter. heard nothing since. as you can see from my previous post, my letter to them was sent on the 21st july and they would have got it the next day. been a while.

• 3 weeks later...

at last, and a reply. though think it is a kosher agreement. i am in the internet cafe so cant scan it in and post up, so will give a detailed description. fredrickson have clearly obtained the necessary from nationwide. there is a stack of copies of credit card statements plus a letter from fredrickson, not nationwide. ok, here goes. on the left it says credit card application. with everything all filled in. on the right is a bit that starts 'credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974'. my son has signed it where it says only sign if you want to be legally bound by this. its dated 14/03/01.

the letter from fredrickson says they hope this clarifies matters and they look forward to hearing about the proposals for discharging this debt.. looks likes its an ok one to me. what to do now??

Edited by sandraroff

Sounds like junk to me.

Firstly statements mean jack. Anyone can knock some statements up.

Secondly, if it says application then it is just that, an application.

Have a look at the link below and tell us if its the same as what you have been sent.

http://www.bankactiongroup.com/forum/showthread.php?261495-Nationwide-CCA-enforceable

Edited by ashmk

no, its nothing like that. its an A4 sheet turned on its side. the application bit is on the left, the agreement bit is on the right. the agreement bit takes up about a quarter of the page. sorry i cant reply quicker, not got the internet at home. regular trips to the local internet cafe!!!!.

• 1 month later...

Sandra, if you can start your own post, then you will get more help, but it sounds as though it is some kind of application form especially if it is all on one A4 sheet, normally CCA's are on an A4 sheet but the T&C's are on the reverse. Is the type legible can you read it?

Have a read of this and compare yours to this explanation..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?162851-Consumer-Credit-Agreements-a-guide-to-enforceability

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

good morning all. wonder if anyone can advise on this????

my son is at the moment, paying fredrickson international for an old nationwide credit card debt. following the advice on here, i have requested, and received, what they say is his agreement with them. i requested this from the DCA and what i received was received them, not nationwide. unfortunately, i do not have the facilities to post the agreement up on here, nor do i have a camera to do whatever is neccessary. just hope a detailed description may help things along. (or maybe i can send it to someone???)

ok. it is on A4 but the sheet it turned on its side, and there are four columns. going left to right:

first column says its a credit card application. has my sons name, address, date of birth, phone number, nationwide bank account number.

second column: password, employment status, employers name and address, other borrowing, and if card protection is required.

third colum: marital status, name and address of bank, additional cardholders.

fourth column:headed 'this is a credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974. followed by the 'declaration' with print so small i am using a large magnifying glass!! nothing in the declaration mentions credit limit, interest, when its added, etc. its all about other stuff, like they will be making checks and not sharing information. there is one part, part (b) saying 'i am asking you to issue me with a credit card, and that your conditions, which i have read, will apply'. however, there are no conditions with the copy of the agreement that was sent. then there is a very small box for a signature saying sign only if you wish to be legally bound by its terms. then 'your right to cancel', then another box thats for their bumpf; for branch use and for NCCS use only. and filled in by whoever issued it all. dated 20/03/01.

nothing printed on the back of the sheet.

any advice please. thanks to all who read this.xxx