insuranse company told me 3 times that i wasnt covered by ppi and now say they werew wrong can i claim compensation?

sharpgun

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been taking next to court over misselling of ppi and the insurance company they used have now said that after examining the case, they feel that they should have paid out when we claimed some four years ago, even after telling us three times that we wasnt covered which i have on tape. can i claim compensation from them?:mad2: Because of there mistake i could not get credit at all for four years.

Hi Sharp

I think you will need to provide more information, but from the sounds of it they got it very wrong, and you should be compensated.

ok we have been given a copy of a email from first assist to next which states that first assist are now after considering the history of a claim that we tried to make four years ago, have now decided that the information we were given on three occasions was wrong and that we are now able to claim. That may seem good but the consequence of that mis information is that I was taken to court and a ccj was issued against me for £400.That has now been taken off by next but it still doesnt take away the fact that through there incompetance i could not get credit for four years. My question is

A. Can I claim damages?

B. How much can I claim?