• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance - Which Element of my insurance should I CLAIM(PPI,MECHANICAL, COLLISION CALL, EMERGENCY)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4605 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

you are reclaiming ppi

if you know how much of your pcm payment was the ppi portion

it already has int added

you just add 8% stat as advised already

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you are reclaiming ppi

if you know how much of your pcm payment was the ppi portion

it already has int added

you just add 8% stat as advised already

dx

Thanx for your prompt response dx. Basically my pcm for insurance was £88.27 comprising all elements (mechanical, collision, emergency). £47.77 of this was the PCM for the ppl element. So do I apply the 8% to these monthly premiums and total these up? Sorry to sound dumb, but I want to make sure I am claiming that is due to me.

willToDo

Please ignore this post i have seen the earlier post which clarifies this for me. Sorry

Edited by willToDo
update

what are you bunping

your last post says understood?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi All

I have yesterday received a response on my claim from Welcome. Basically they have sent an acknowlegement letter, complaint handling procedure sheet and ppi consumer questionnaire(i presume thats the one that you said they will send next, dx100Uk) I have posted all the documents received. Any ideas how to deal with this one much appreciated folks. I am sorry the scan quality is not good but I suppose there is someone who has dealt with this. Sorry I am having problems attaching pages 3,5,6, and 8 of questionnaire. will try again

regards

willToDo

questionnairepp2.pdf

questionnairepp1.pdf

Responsepg1.pdf

responsepg2.pdf

questionnairepp4.pdf

Edited by willToDo
update

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/search.php?searchid=194674

please dont forget our search/advanced search top right

dx

and they

i've got to say that spreadsheet went whoosh over my head.

i'd ping dj1971 to help

dx

Hi dx100

Sorry for asking what might appear as "dumb" question. How do I "PM" one of the caggers in the forums who might have expertise in an area that I am not sure about. I have nothing specific at the moment but was just wondering how I do this if I come across some useful infor in my readings.

Thanks for your continued kind support dx. BLESS U

willToDo

and they

Hi All

Just an update regarding post 31 and 32 above. Questionnaire has now been completed and sent recorded delivery to Welcome. Took on board all the advice from other caggers on this forum. Thanks folks. Together we can make it.

willToDo

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All

Just an update regarding post 31 and 32 above. Questionnaire has now been completed and sent recorded delivery to Welcome. Took on board all the advice from other caggers on this forum. Thanks folks. Together we can make it.

willToDo

Hi dx100

Welcome have sent me a letter of acknowledgement of receipt of my completed questionnaire and say they aim to deal with my complaint within 8 weeks, were the questionnaire is returned to them promptly. I received the questionnaire on 10/12/10 and completed and returned it on 21/12/10 by guaranteed next day delivery. They actual confirm that they received it on 22/12/10. Do you think they are justified in saying it was not returned promptly and therefore may not conclude their investigation within the deadline. Welcome says if they cant meet the deadline they will write to me explaining this. Do they have that option or should I just proceed to the next step if they do not respond within the time limit. My initial complaint was sent to them on 27/11/10 which means 4wee have now elapsed.

Any ideas folks

regards

WTD

pes i'd give thn 8 weeeks from the dat of your FIRST letter.

you will be doing nothing wrong by starting your FOS complaint then.

i'll cost them £450...teach them to stall.

FOS are well aware of welcomes stalling tactics

dx

and they

• 2 months later...

dx

Hi I have been away. Welcome still have not finalised my claim but sent me a letter that due a backlog cannnot meet the deadline, and advised me to take matter to Fiinacial Obdus if not satisfied. Is this their standard procedure.

and they

Hi dx100

Thanks for the information. Just to let you know that I have today received a letter from the Financial Services Compesation Scheme confirming that I may be entitled to compesation from them because Welcome Finance was declared in default on 2/3/11. I a m getting this form in and lets see what happens next.

willToDo

Hi willToDo,

Sorry to but in, but I felt I should add my experience which is somewhat similar to yours. I filed a claim with Welcome re PPI. Welcome upheld my complaint and made an offer, which I refused. This meant that my claim was still ongoing. I then received a letter from the FSCS asking to complete the form etc. This was then later retracted by the FSCS as my policy was made prior to Jan 2005. From your original post it would seem that yours is as well. If this is the case, I would expect that the FSCS will soon realise their error and inform you that in fact it is Welcome that you should deal with. You can skip all the letters back and forth and ring the telephone number in the link that DX provided. When you tell them the date of the policy, they will readily confirm that in fact you need to deal with Welcome directly.

Since it has been so long (8+ weeks) and Welcome have still not made a decision, you can go to the FOS. You could write one final letter with your claim and settlement figure, and give them 7 days to respond, after which you will lodge a complaint with the FOS, which would incur a further cost to them in addition to the claim. Also, bear in mind that the FOS can take an additional 8 weeks, and based on the sheer number of claims it is likely to take the full 8 weeks.

At any rate, double check your policy date with the FSCS and avoid the unecessary delay in moving forward.

HTH

MrZ

Please overlook my typos and spelling mistakes, sometimes my fingers arent in sync with my brain :)

I am just a consumer and have no legal training. My posts are opinion only, based on my own limited experience. If in doubt you should seek legal advice from a qualified practitioner.

Activ Kapital - Disputed £4,000.00 - 04/04/2011 Settled! WON!

HSBC Current Account - Defaulted for £200.00 Charges. - 19/05/2011 Charges Refunded Default Removed! WON!

HSBC Loan Account - £16,000.00 Unsecured Loan - 05/07/2011 Disputed No Further Contact WON! (for Now)

Barclaycard Account - Disputed account and £1500.00 Charges. - 18/07/2011 Charges Refunded! WON!

London Scottisht - Disputed account and Charges. £25,000.00 - 06/2011 Balance reduced by 95% WON!

• 4 months later...

Consultation on compound interest - http://www.justice.gov.uk/lawcommission/areas/650.htm

thanx dx

I suppose that it is possible to claim compound interest based on restitution - as submitted by Lord Nicholls of Birkenhead in in para 52 of Sempra Metal Limited v Her Majesty.

"52. We live in a world where interest payments for the use of money are calculated on a compound basis. Money is not available commercially on simple interest terms. This is the daily experience of everyone, whether borrowing money on overdrafts or credit cards or mortgages or shopping around for the best rates when depositing savings with banks or building societies. If the law is to achieve a fair and just outcome when assessing financial loss it must recognise and give effect to this reality." - http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld200607/ldjudgmt/jd070718/sempra-3.htm.

As far as I have understood the interest tutorial found at http://www.consumerwiki.co.uk/index.php/Interest_Tutorial - INTEREST TUTORIAL -"

You can also claim interest specified under s69 of the County Courts Act 1984 calculated as simple interest at 8% per annum (0.022%/day) on all the charges and interest levied on those charges from the date of the charge until the date of (court) judgement or earlier settlement. You can only claim this interest when you file a claim in court. "

Please could anyone kindily clarify this for me.

regards

willToDo