Wedding phots & DVD still not revieved nearly 1 YEAR now!!!

carrietats
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4678 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I would like some advice guidance and to know is theres anything i can do.

My wedding was last year in december i was told our photos/dvd will take 3months for completion on booking the company I have paid over £1000 before the wedding for there services. Nearly a year on I still have no photos and dvd of my wedding after emailing them and calling them. All they keep saying is were working as hard as we can as we have taken on to much work (not my problem). And they reckon they are now telling new birdes/grooms that it will take a year for there photos I cant see how they are telling them as I was never told. Im so upset and gutted that I have nothing to show for my big day nearly a year on. can anyone help me. all i want is to see my photos and dvd of my big day that i was planning for over 2 years. Thank You

Hello and Welcome, carrietats.

Sounds like a nightmare, sorry I can't really help, I'll move this thread to a more appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hello,

If it were me I would write to the company outlining my complaint.

Title the letter 'Letter before action' and offer one final opportunity to get me the photos. (about 14 days).

If they do not get the photos to you then use the moneyclaim online service to goto court and claim the money back.

Use recorded delivery or better for all letters.

The same thing happened to me (although it was 24 years ago) We waited nearly a year for our wedding photos after being told they would take a couple of weeks. In the end I went to a solicitor and paid £10 for him to send a letter before action. If only we had CAG then and I would of saved £10. We did receive the photos soon after.

Video editing can be a time consuming task, especially if more than one camera has been used. As a guide, it takes about an hour to convert 15 mins of footage into an audio/video file before it can be burned onto a disc. That of course, is after all the actual editing has been done; adding titles, n music ect. I believe that most editors would say that to produce a DVD of about an hour would take at least 20 solid hours to complete in total. In my view, you should get the finished DVD within 3 weeks after the event. Not sure how I can explain why still pictures take this long though!

In any event, 12 months is totally un-acceptable so I would be writing to the 'company' concerned giving 14 days to deliver your DVD or you will require a full refund plus compensation for 'distress' being the dissapointment of not providing a record of this very important event. You also want to ask for all the recorded raw footage which was filmed applicable to the event to enable you to commission someone proffesional to attempt to produce a DVD. Failure to do so, will leave you no alternative but to take the matter to court where a judge will decide what level of compensation would be appropiate in addition to your original outlay plus all costs and interest.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.