dispute with landlord, am i within my rights?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

me and my partner moved into our flat on the 16th sept after previous viewing we thought a lick of paint and it will be nice. But a couple weeks in the issues mounted up, theres a severe damp issue in the bathroom which is covered with black mould, the floor support beams under the bathroom have very bad dry rot(a builder has told us to be careful as he thinks it will collapse, that mixed with the noises it started making scares us alot). The flat was advertised with central heating and doesnt have it fitted so we had to buy our own electric heaters and they dont give off enough heat so we are frozen. In the basement there was a bad water leak, our basement has 2 smaller rooms within it and i had to dig a massive amount of rubble(bricks, mud, coal etc) from one of the rooms to find the leak. We cant get our rubbish out because our gates blocked shut by a huge mound of mud which we was told would be gone by the time we move in. We went 2 weeks without hot water when we first moved in. And we got broken in to a couple weeks ago due to the seal that locks the window in place was outside where thieves can easily remove it and easily lift the window pane out. Environmental health are involved and gave them untill the 29th(monday coming) to do the repairs and she hasnt even started them. As we are struggling to make ends meet at the minute and we have no money for xmas, im concidering not paying the rent. If i do this do i put us in a bad situation for taking them to court? I ask as environmental health already told me if they havent been done then legal action will be taken