style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4070 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help! Received a letter from baliff with great delay and, therefore, did not respond to him that letter, they fined £ 200. What can I do??? Letter sent 12/11 I receive it on 24/11, but need to contact the 7-day time. it seems unfair

Thanks for the help:)

not to hot with magistrate court fines

what they should do is send you a letter telling you the fine has been passed over to them asking you to pay the fine pus letter fee of £75 if you ignore this they should then visit you this visit would cost you a visit fee of £200

did you keep the envelope (i think the bar code tells you when it was posted) get in touch with fines office at the court and see if they can help (but don't hold your breath waiting for there help)

I assume you knew about the fine

keep your house well locked up and don't leave your car on drive or in the street

In the first letter was fined £ 75 as it is received pay 5 pounds per week. when they receive a second letter I called the company and asked why the letter came so late. told me that they sent out a timely and myself have been guilty of that so late in the letter read:):)

It may be worth a try, but I can't find anything that suggests they can tell when a letter was posted - just spent 20 mins googling it! I do know that Royal Mail do not even guarantee to deliver 2nd class, 1st class and even Recorded Delivery mail. The only way to guarantee delivery is Special Delivery. This is why I never advise people to send things recorded delivery, as all courts need is proof of postage and you can get that for nothing. Often Recorded Delivery letters do not get signed for anyway as they end up in a big pile of letters going to one organisation.

I do hope you can prove it by a bar code and that I just haven't been able to find this on Google.