eviction date for 11.00 Monday 29th Nov 10

anthonyleeds
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4890 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi to you both

firstly can i say how much i appreciate your assistance, i feel i have been given a life line, secondly my intention is to write all this up legibly and fill in the form correctly along with an up to date income expenditure form and present it to the court first thing in the morning. However i can't now do this till early evening, will either of you be online then so i can send you copies of what i have done so you can check over it ?

once again many thanks

Anthony

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'll be online this evening from around 5.30pm. I've affixed the budget sheet we normally use in these circumstances - it calculates automatically as you enter the figures. You need to make sure that the amount you are offering to pay towards the arrears (in Step 3) in addition to the normal monthly payment, is the amount left over after everything else has been accounted for.

Budget Sheet.xls

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

hi ell-en

yes the sums add up, we have recently been awarded family tax credits which increase our income significantly and other debts are been resolved. another thing is that the mortgage rescue people at leeds city council think that we are eligible for the mortgage rescue scheme, any thoughts on this /

kindest regards

Anthony

Do you have any paperwork from the city council regarding the scheme - it would be helpful to include that in your statement for the court. I can help you with the wording of that if need be.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi guys

Further to our correspondence through today, Redstone have accepted what I have offered ( £330 per week ) on the proviso I pay them an additional £2000 tomorrow and they will stop the eviction warrant, I am too scared of making my kids homeless so i'm gonna raise the £2000.

Thankyou for all your help today i will continue to utilise this forum to hopefully make our situation more tenable.

Many Many thanks you guys are stars

Regards

Anthony x

OK, if you've made that decision you must phone the court and check they have cancelled and keep calling them until you get the right answer - also get Redstone to email you with confirmation that they are cancelling

Lenders like Redstone have a reputation for very poor communication - please don't just take their word for it. You only have tomorrow to sort this out before the eviction date on Monday. Fill out the N244 anyway and keep ready in case you need to take it to the court - worst case scenario would be that the judge would see you first thing on Monday morning before the eviction is due to take place.

Are you absolutely sure that you can afford to pay that amount towards the arrears and also borrow £2000 ? Given that your arrears are not high (compared to other cases) and the fact that your employer has given you a supporting letter, I would be tempted to go to a hearing as I'm certain the judge would suspend the eviction given what you are offering to pay - this would avoid your borrowing £2,000 which will have to paid back.

I would be very careful and im not sure i would trust Redstones on their offer,2000 is a lot of money to borrow,i know they get a lump sum but something tells me thats what they were after in the first place,i too think the best thing and the cheapest by the way would be to go to court,i know thats what i would do.Worst case senario i can see is you are at home thinking everythings fine and then a court bailiff turns up at 11 on Monday to evict you,and it wouldnt be the first time thats happened by mistake.

Just one final point,a judge making a ruling on what Redstones must do is much more robust than Redstones doing what they decide to do,its your decision but double check and treble check before you sit back and relax,something tells me they might pull this trick again to get themselves a lump sum at your expense.

• Haha 1

can i just say what a wonderful job you lot have done today

hats off to newstarter !!!

dx

siteteam

• Confused 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...