Removal Notice from Equita (urgent help needed)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4899 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can anyone help. I have been owing council tax to Middlesbrough council. I owed £1000 when Equita bailiffs called around in June 2009 and i agreed to pay £140 evey month. Unfortunately i let them in and i think they took a walking possesion. Also unfortunately for me i could not pay as i promised as i just did not have the funds. I lost my faher that year and had to get a loan to fund the funeral back home in Nigeria. This loan was deducted automatically from my salary. Equita wrote me again in 2010 and i called and agreed to pay £200 monthly. Unfortunately i could only pay £400 till now. On the 22nd November Equita called round again and left a removal notice. I called the Bailiff manager and offered to pay £150 immediately but he refused saying i have to pay £679 immediately or my goods will be removed. Is there anything i can do. I have also called the council to ask them to take the debt back so that i can pay directly to them but they refused. What can i do? Can someone advise me please

Please can anyone help. I have been owing council tax to Middlesbrough council. I owed £1000 when Equita bailiffs called around in June 2009 and i agreed to pay £140 evey month. Unfortunately i let them in and i think they took a walking possesion. Also unfortunately for me i could not pay as i promised as i just did not have the funds. I lost my faher that year and had to get a loan to fund the funeral back home in Nigeria. This loan was deducted automatically from my salary. Equita wrote me again in 2010 and i called and agreed to pay £200 monthly. Unfortunately i could only pay £400 till now. On the 22nd November Equita called round again and left a removal notice. I called the Bailiff manager and offered to pay £150 immediately but he refused saying i have to pay £679 immediately or my goods will be removed. Is there anything i can do. I have also called the council to ask them to take the debt back so that i can pay directly to them but they refused. What can i do? Can someone advise me please

What was the amount of the Liability Order (according to the Council...and NOT according to the bailiff) and also, what goods did the bailiff levy upon?

If it was your sofa they had levied, what other seating do you have, if you have none then the levy is invalid as they cannot levy on furnishing that are essential.

How much have you paid so far?

And we need to know the exact amount of the liability order, not what the bailiffs are asking for