What should a SAR include

paulandberyl

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Forgive me for asking as this may have been covered elsewhere.

Does anyone know what information should I get in a SAR. Should I receive copies of all letters I have sent to the bank and what they have sent to me. Should it include letters received from solicitors etc. If I should have received these then what points of law can I use against the bank if any.

The reason I ask this is because I received about 20 pages of info for an alleged debt going back over 20 years. They have sent me info going back to 2001. About 90% of it is full of codes and abbreviations.

Any advice will be gratefully received. Thank you.

They should send you everything they have in their posession by which you can be personaly identified.

This includes all correspondence - telephone logs

Agreements

Statements etc.

Are you saying you think they have not complied - if so what is it you think is missing?

There are letter templates for non compliance.

It would also be an offence under the data protection act if they fail to comply - you can complaint to the Information Commissioner - take legal action to force compliance - and in some cases make a claim for damages.

If there is something in particular you wish them to provide then you should also highlight this to them in the SAR, that way then they are under no illusion as to what you expect to receive.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

to give you an idea this is my standard bailff SAR letter:

Dear Sir/Madam

Data Protection Act 1998 Subject Access Request

I was visited by (name bailiffs) on (date) and was pressured into paying the sum of £*** for an alleged (state the reason for visit and the date).

The bailiffs did not provide any written authorisation that they were acting on behalf of the council/authority. Their approach was to bully me into paying. I mentioned that by paying the bill, I would be left without any money and their response was that they were in possession of a warrant to enter my house by any means and would take goods and I would have further fees to pay. At this point, not knowing the procedure and my rights, I paid, although I was not shown a warrant.

Accordingly, kindly provide full and complete copies of any and all data you hold which relates to me and my entire history with your company. I have enclosed the statutory maximum of £10.

For the avoidance of doubt, take note that the enclosed cheque is payment for the fee relating to my Subject Access Request only and not a payment of any other kind or to be used for any other purpose. If you do not require a fee in order to process my Subject Access Request then kindly return or destroy my cheque.

For your convenience I have detailed below a list of what I require, although this is not an exhaustive list by any means and is just an example of some of the information I require with regard to any accounts I may have had or may still have with your company.

1. Computer screen notes relating to the conduct of my account

2. Computer screen notes relating to transactions that have gone through my account

3. Internal messages or notes relating to the conduct of my account

4. Internal messages or notes relating to transactions that have gone through my account

5. Recordings of any telephone conversations, whether internal or external, relating to my account

6. Copies of any e-mail's, or other electronic communications, whether internal or external, relating my account

7. Copies of letters relating to my account

8. All information relating to litigation that has taken place on my account

9. A detailed statement of account showing a breakdown of all costs charged, showing in each case the reason for the cost and the actual cost against that item

10. Copies of all reviews conducted relating to my account

11. For any cost which relates to an attendance fee, kindly state the date and precise time of the attendance and the name of the certificated bailiff making each attendance with the name of the county court where the relevant bailiff obtained his or her certificate

12. Copies of all relevant paperwork created as a result of any and all visits ever made to me along with details of the results of each visit

13. Copies of any and all documentation issued to me or left at my property after each visit was made including details of the date and precise time of the visit and the charges incurred; this must include the name of the bailiffs who attended

I trust that the above is clear and should you be in any doubt as to your obligations as a Data Controller, then I would advise that you consult your corporate counsel.

As detailed above, I have enclosed the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you visited me at and at which your bailiffs relieved me of the sum of £***.

Yours faithfully