Small claims issue

Ms Garlic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4859 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI... I hope someone can help or point me in the right direction...

My uncle has made a 'Small claims' against me, He wants to get his dog back that he gave me nearly 3 years ago,

I have proof that I've had the dog, vet bills grooming etc..... Does anyone think this will actually go to court?

And

He lives in Scotland and I live in England, but he's applied through MCOL... is it true the claimant as well as the defendant has to live in England or Wales... if so will the claim be invalid?... and does that mean he could try again through a Scottish court?? SO many questions.. hope someone might have some answers!

Thanks in advance

Hello Ms Garlic, welcome to the CAG.

Enjoy your visit, but take some time to look around the forum and understand where everything is.

It can seem confusing at first but you will start to find your way round and to understand what a helpful community we are.

You haven't received any replies to your post yet. Try posting your query again in a relevant sub-foum. You will get the help and support you need there.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

Hi ms garlic.

Is the dog a pedigree and have you been given it's papers?

Have you registered it in your name with the kennel club?

Why did your Uncle give you the dog?

• 2 weeks later...

Search this forum for posts by me containing the word "estoppel"

It seems to be interesting that your uncle gave you a dog three years back and now days he is claiming it from you. Any way what I would like to recommend you that you should avoid any court laws whether they are Scottish or Britain and if you have dog still with just send him back via any way.

MCOL is invalid, but not for the reasons you imagine. The MC part of it stands for Money Claim - IS he claiming money? He most certainly cannot claim for the return of a dog. If the form is genuine, then advise the court you will be defending, and it will be moved to your local court. This means he will have to travel down and present his case to the judge as Claimant.