Clamper from nowhere threatened me!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I work in a town but i am quite lucky that there is parking attached to the side of the building which is shared by 3 other businesses.

A couple of weeks ago a member of staff came running in, telling me there was a ignorant man around my car. I went out to see.

He said he was a clamper and was fixing signs up on the wall which said all vehicles would be clamped (there was no phone number, agent number or company name on the signs - which i didnt notice till after he had gone)

Anyway he said i have 1 min to remove my car otherwise he would stick somthing on it that wouldnt come off!

I said that we had parked there daily for months, so what had changed?

He carried on saying he was from london and he has to pay £50 a week to park his car etc and if i value my car to move it - times ticking and i have less that a minuite to move it!

He said in fact im going to clamp the one on front of you right now!!!!

Then he stood there taking pictures of my car!

He then informed me that the gates "must" remain locked at all times.

So i ran around to inform everyone what was happening, in the flap i forgot my purse so had to borrow someones phone in a supermarket carpark to get some money to me. It was very distressing and i lost around half an hour at work, due to driving around trying to find somewhere to park in the middle of the day!

A week later the agent for the landlord who owns the building came around for a friendly visit, I mentioned to him what had happened and he wasnt aware of anything but said he would do some checks.

He came back a couple of days later, and told me that the landlord hasnt instructed anyone to clamp, that the company couldnt be found on the internet....he has no idea who they were!!

He took pictures of the signs etc.

Yesterday the signs had been ripped down!

Its since came to light that a business who ajoins the driveway had instructed this clamper, she appaarantly went into next door to me and said "ha its about time they put the signs up, that will stop you".

No one knows why as they have used the driveway to park there car once or twice. They also have their rubbish bins in there - even tho there yard is right the other side of their building.

They have been know in the past to stir up trouble occasionally.

Now everyone is scared to park there, even though the signs are down. Our delivery driver waits until after 4pm and parks out the front on the street! Which distrupts the business as we have to stay behind to sort out the delivery now.

The gates (to which i have a key along with one other business) remain locked, this is a fire escape.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what (If anything) i can do, it was a day from hell and has left me very scared.

First of all they can't legally clamp if there aren't any signs. The signs (and the clamping co) must be ligit ie; have co detials ect. The clamper himself must be SIA licenced. Secondly, do you know who actually owns the land you are talking about?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.