Nightmare landlord

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4081 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, need some legal advice if possible.Earlier this year fitted out shop premises,spent nearly £100k including equipment to trade as fastfood takeaway.During shop fitting i was promised a standerd lease with a fair rent.1 week before opening i was offered a lease to sign which was wortless i could not sell it on or trade as anything else apart from this one franchise.I refused to sign & demanded better terms & conditions, the landlord then signs the same lease with someone else living in scotland while i have been paying him rent.To make matters worse he puts the rent up from 18k to 25k within 1 month of me trading, the flat above the shop which i have been paying rent for has no gas,electric,no bathroom,no kitchen needs total fitout costing 10k.I recently had 2 independent valuations on the rent & both surveyors agreed the rent should be £18k with the flat above refurbished.This ******* is only interested in the rent ,does not even want to corressponde with me.I ve been trading for a year now ,& still refuses to accept me as his tenant.I have no lease, only a franchise agreement singed for the nxt 5 years .The bussiness is struggling ,but he still wants his rent & refuses to put anything in writing.

Can any body help???:-x