Euro car parks Illegal tickets ? Continued from previous thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Madelei, you sound like an easy touch, i could do with an easy £120, can i have your address so i can send you my standard £120 invoice for you reading my post?

If you dont pay up i MAY send you a letter in BOLD type, i may even use RED ink. I may even take you to COURT.

I am just joking, my threats and use of red ink have no more legal standing than theirs. STOP WORYING, everyon who tells you to IGNORE on this forum does so from experience, truly, TRUST US !

hello all:-)

Hi Madelei

I too had a phone call from them once. I wasn't in and they left me a message stating I need to ring them back urgently to sort out my non payment.

I obviously didn't ring.

Do not get into any conversation with them at all. Not even correspondence by letter. If they ring tell them to stop harassing you and hang up!

They will go away. People will try and frighten you into paying, some of my family even tried with me.

It is now 17 months since I had my invoice, and nothing from them since last October.

Hang in there.

If you don't believe some of us on here, please give me a ring or even call round, you'll see I have nothing to do with them and am genuine.

Good luck

• 4 months later...

read this thread with great interest, i got a ticket nearly a year ago, honest mistake and didnt see the sign, got a £70 ticket and at that time i googled and found this site, anyway i did what is advised and got the 3/4 demands from them, then nothing for over 6 months until i get a letter from dept collectors demanding payment within 7 days, bit concerned now over this, ive ignored euro letters in the past but should i ignore the dept collectors?

Don't be intimidated by the term "debt collector". They are not bailiffs, but private citizens with no more power than you or me to demand money off people. Just keep ignoring.

Remember, this is a civil matter between two private parties (You and the PPC). Until such time as the PPC takes you to court and a judge decides you DO owe them the money (and this will NEVER happen because they haven't got a leg to stand on) then officially, there is no debt to collect. The debt only becomes an actual real debt when the judge says so. So relax.

Remember, this is a civil matter between two private parties (You and the PPC). Until such time as the PPC takes you to court and a judge decides you DO owe them the money (and this will NEVER happen because they haven't got a leg to stand on) then officially, there is no debt to collect. The debt only becomes an actual real debt when the judge says so. So relax.

many thanks for the quick replies, thats put my mind at ease, the last thing i need is threats like these after just forking out a fortune on ever rising car insurance and road tax

happy new year all

Hi

Yeah, it's just that they are clutching at straws and one more letter to you just might make you fold!! I had a letter like that after similar time scales.....they will give up.....like has been said, you are not in debt to anyone!! Keep in there.

• 2 months later...

Hi there!

I've just been to a Sainburys Car Park run by Euro Car parks. I overstayed by 1 hour. They have some barriers there so when I went to exit, I was told I would need to pay £50!!

I spoke to the attendant and told him, I don't have £50, and I would be happy to pay the £3.50 they have in their car park for all visitors on the 1st floor. He told me that wouldn't be possible and I would get a ticket, and he took my registration number.

I then said I would not be willing to pay £50, and he said he could do me a "special" offer and just take £5.00. I said no, I would only be willing to pay £3.50 and I then spoke to their customer services explaining that I didn't know the sainsburys area was for 2 hours only, and that I should have parked in the other area.

Again, she didn't want to budge.

In the end, I told the attendant, I'll take the ticket but won't pay.

Unlike other cases, I have interacted with them, and I am wondering what to do now. I am not willing to pay - should I just ignore the ticket?

Many thanks!

Hi there!

I've just been to a Sainburys Car Park run by Euro Car parks. I overstayed by 1 hour. They have some barriers there so when I went to exit, I was told I would need to pay £50!!

I spoke to the attendant and told him, I don't have £50, and I would be happy to pay the £3.50 they have in their car park for all visitors on the 1st floor. He told me that wouldn't be possible and I would get a ticket, and he took my registration number.

I then said I would not be willing to pay £50, and he said he could do me a "special" offer and just take £5.00. I said no, I would only be willing to pay £3.50 and I then spoke to their customer services explaining that I didn't know the sainsburys area was for 2 hours only, and that I should have parked in the other area.

Again, she didn't want to budge.

In the end, I told the attendant, I'll take the ticket but won't pay.

Unlike other cases, I have interacted with them, and I am wondering what to do now. I am not willing to pay - should I just ignore the ticket?

Many thanks!

Yes ignore completely, when they realise you are not falling for it they will turn their attention to someone more gullible.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Good morning,

Please remember just this:

The car park attendant and the company he/she work for have no lawful power whatsoever. The 'ticket' they will try to get you to pay by whatever means they deem appropriate is merely a 'request' for payment -IT IS NOT A LEGAL DEMAND AND NEVER CAN BE.

The only people who can legally pursue an enforcement are those properly authorised under and Act of Parliament to do so.

The people you have encountered never were, never will be and never can be authorised to enforce the collection of 'parking charges', in any manner shape or form.

Best wishes,

Dougal (an ex-Policeman)

Update: 2013 Following our recent (9/7/13) hearing about Bank Charges at the Court of Appeal, and refusal to grant permission to Appeal; an Application has just (23/10/2013) been made for a fresh hearing and the Court Location is yet to be confirmed!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Audiotech

Your invoice is exactly the same as the one I received 12 months ago now. Use of ANPR cameras to show me entering and leaving Morrison's car park.

Same threats, they prey on these threats to scare people into paying.

The debt recovering agency is part of the same company that issued the invoice to you. Is it Control Account they refer to by any chance ???

I hope you have read all these posts, you will get a few more final warnings and threats of court and bailiffs etc, I kept ignoring as the advice gave me.....your invoice will increase, then decrease, they seem to make up the figures as they go along!

I haven't heard anything since October.

The only way to beat these [problematic] is to stand together, just ignore!!

AHAHHA I have just noticed that they have reduced it too ! What silly billys they are !!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I have received a fourth bill now, this one from a solicitor in Surrey, for a PCN from Euro Car Parks Ltd It was originally for £70, £40 for quick payment, but is now at £118. They are threatening a Small Claims Summons and costs taking the bill to a minimum of £170. They are stating the Small Claims Summons to cost £39, I thought these were over £60 now - here in Scotland anyway. I wasn't the driver. Does anybody know if the new law in November, that you have to name the driver, apply in Scotland? And btw the original bill was from Euro Car Parks not Euro Car Parks Ltd. Would this make a difference? Just looking for a way out.:)

There is definitely a Small Claims Court in Scotland. The letter is from Graham White solicitors but it seems quite airy fairy "Euro Car Parks Ltd may insruct us to tke legal action" "We invite you to contact Roxburghe", " we ask that you provide a serviceable name and address as to who the driver at the time"