please please help -santander refusing debt managment payment and threating with external collection agency

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all please help me im so confused,basically my husband run up a lot of debts and we are now in a debt managment program with pay plan everything seems to have been sorted out apart from the car finance loan which is from santander we got the car in 2007 and like i said presumed that they had agreed with pay plan but i recieved a letter this morning saying they are going to send a external debt collection agency when i phoned santander they basically said that they will not accept any form of part payment and until we sell the car and pay them all proceeds they not intrested im really worried i cant do without the car as i need to get to work.

it is a finance loan not a h. p loan but worried that they will send bailiffs round or take to court anyone know where i stand i dont know what to do i tried to hand the car back but they were going to charge to pick it up and sell so i would still owe about £2000 and still have no car :(

sorry for moaning im soooo scared and worried

hi all please help me im so confused,basically my husband run up a lot of debts and we are now in a debt managment program with pay plan everything seems to have been sorted out apart from the car finance loan which is from santander we got the car in 2007 and like i said presumed that they had agreed with pay plan but i recieved a letter this morning saying they are going to send a external debt collection agency when i phoned santander they basically said that they will not accept any form of part payment and until we sell the car and pay them all proceeds they not intrested im really worried i cant do without the car as i need to get to work.

it is a finance loan not a h. p loan but worried that they will send bailiffs round or take to court anyone know where i stand i dont know what to do i tried to hand the car back but they were going to charge to pick it up and sell so i would still owe about £2000 and still have no car :(

sorry for moaning im soooo scared and worried

Hi and welcome to the site. In my opinion Santander are not behaving reasonably, so the way I see things is you need to build up proof of this. This way, if it ever goes to court you can prove you've done everything you can to come to a reasonable agreement with them and they've behaved unreasonably.

I guess what seq is asking is have you gone with one of the reputable, free dmp's or are you being charged?

The phone call you had this morning really needs to be got in writing, so why don't you write to them offering whatever you did this morning, then they can write back showing their unreasonable behaviour. If you can back this up with an IE sheet to show what you are offering is reasonable and fair, all the better. I'm sure you must have done one for your dmp. A lot on here will disagree with me over this suggestion, but if you want any reasonable response from them I honestly think you need to send that to them (even though legally only a court can demand you do one).

Answer seq's question first though as this could have a major impact on the way forward.

If it is a finance loan, then they cannot repossess the car unless the finance is secured on that car. I went through a similar thing with Black Horse but with the help of Postgg I was able to resolve the issue. I thought I was signing a HP agreement but this loan thing is making sure that they don't get stuck with the car at the end of the day.

They had no more right to repossessing the car than my neighbour. We continued to make the payments recommended by the DMP but did they electronically otherwise all you got was a mouthful from the agent every time you paid using your card.

Is it possible to post up a copy of the finance agreement with personal details removed including the Terms and Conditions? Also at the same time send off for a SAR in case it lands up in court. Even if it does, they still will not be able to repossess if the loan is not secured on the car.

Hi Shelly

Check your Payplan personal account, "Monthly Repayment History" scroll to the monthly payments to your creditors, you will find it says "listed below are the payments made on your behalf to your creditors" Creditor/Account Number/Date Paid/Payment and "Status", payments accepted by your creditors will show as OK.

Have Santander accepted any payments?

You will need to forward to your Personal Finance Manager at Payplan the letter you recieved this morning from Santander asap.

How long have you been with Payplan Limited? and how many calendor monthly payments have you made? in the early stages it is not uncommon for a creditor to continue demands for the total balance outstanding.

Payplan Limited would have already sent Santander your income/expenditure so theres no need to do that again, or to contact Santander direct without Payplan's knowledge, they are dealing with all your creditors as a whole and it is important you inform Payplan so as they can update their records, they have templates for letters to send creditors advising to contact Payplan if there is any queries.