Anglian water claimform - paid claim disc'd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3680 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

wonder if anyone can offer some advice? please:-)

I have received court papers from Anglian Water, last month I received a default letter saying I had to make payment by 24th Nov, then I have now received these papers.

I have just had a heated conversation with them in which I said they couldn't send me letter giving date to pay by then just issue court procedings, they say they can?

Rang them to pay in full however they refuse to accept payment unless I pay the court costs which have added £65 to the bill.

what should I do, surely thiscan not be right?

advice most welcome, thank you

Visit this site, it tells you their bank details and you can then pay online from your bank. It's then up to them to pursue court fees. BEWARE the danger in this is they might take off the court fees first, then claim you still owe £65 on your water bill. If the online payment system goes straight against your water a/c number I think you should be OK.

http://www.anglianwater.co.uk/household/your-account/ways-to-pay/

Thanks Tingy,

Have just paid via billpay which I normally use, they told me point blank if I did that they would still persue the court case for the £65 costs, my dispute is their letter stated to be paid by 24th, and yet they issue court papers.

Will be sending off court papers disputing it but wondered if any one could help with those/suggest what to write, almost feel like paying it but its the principal of it.

This is just opinion.

By serving court papers on you, they have denied you the ability to pay by the 24th. If you stated as such in your defence, I think (if it actually got into a court foom) the judge wouldn't be too impressed with them

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

That's what I like to see. A thread sorted in 5 posts :smile:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 6 months later...

Anglian Water are reknown for incredibly poor customer cervice which is why the 'Crystal Clear' mark has been removed from all of their correspondence. Suggest anyone dealing with them does the following : 1) create (or download from the web) a standard email to them saying that you are aware that there is an amount outstanding but you dispute it and are willing to pay them on an accurate calculation of your bill. 2) Ask them for full details of their 'Watershare Scheme' (fixed annual rates for water and sewerage approc £350/- per year) 3) ask them for a water meter.

Now email this to them daily. You will get numerous reference numbers which shows you have done more than the average person to rectify the issue.

Anglian Water's 'Customer Charter' says they must reply in writing within 14 days. They will send standard computerized letters which will not solve your issue. DO NOT WORRY! these are for your benefit to show they have poor customer service.

Remember, unlike other utilities such as gas/electricity, you cannot change your water supplier - they know this which is why they treat you so bad.

Today (27/05/11) I successfully won a £900 dispute with Anglian Water in S****horpe and was awarded compensation as Anglian Water simply failed to calculate my bill as requested by the Court.

If a dispute goes to court, no representative from Anglian Water will attend which is in your favour.

You can/will win.

Keep copies of all the emails you send and replies by post.

Good Luck

Neil.

:noidea:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• dx100uk changed the title to Anglian water claimform - paid claim disc'd