Westcot

joolzy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I haven't been on this site for a while as the sharks left me alone for a while but ta daaaaa they're back. I've basically CCA'd Lloyds and Halifax with ref to 2 separate debts which neither can supply the CCA and nor can any subsequent collection agencies, so they went away for a while. I have moved since then and shock horror have accidentaly forgotten to tell them. Now Wescot have stepped up to the mark and are phoning my mobile and work etc. My question is "Do I need to tell them that I've changed address?" I haven't paid anything to either of the debts for 2 years now having spent about 18 months prior to that trying to negotiate realistic repayment terms but to no avail so I gave up playing nicely and decided to fight back. So please can someone help me, do I just sit back and wait to see if they can find me or do I resond?

:help:

The accounts are still in dispute (did you send that letter, as it is required to place the account in dispute). If so, send the bemused letter to Wescot - personally I would wait until they write. You can also send the telephone harrassment letter. I suppose the answer to your question about informing them of your change of address is, were you in written communication with them at the time of your move, if not then the answer is a definitive NO (IMO).

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Hi harrassed senior,

Yes I sent all of the relevant letters, disputes etc and as of yet none of the debt collection agencies or bank have been able to provide CCA's. If they send any letters they'll be sent to the old address anyway and not be forwarded on. I wasn't dealing with wescot before so it looks like they are the most recent attempt to threaten, harrass and belittle me into paying up but thanks to this site they don't intimidate me anymore...

Isn't there a danger in not telling them your new address that they might get judgement by default? I'm thinking of the Brian Carter route of doing business here. If that happens it puts you in a more difficult position. If you're certain that they have nothing unenforceable, why not let them know of your new address?

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Isn't there a danger in not telling them your new address that they might get judgement by default? I'm thinking of the Brian Carter route of doing business here. If that happens it puts you in a more difficult position. If you're certain that they have nothing unenforceable, why not let them know of your new address?

That's a very interesting point. If the DCA knowingly put an address they know he's not at anymore then he would have very good grounds for having it set aside. If however they assume he is still living there, then a CCJ can be issued without his knowing as all letters will have gone to the old address. How do you prove what the DCA does / doesn't know?