MBNA/Arden/Britannica recoveries SARL/Mortlake - court paper received.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi ll ,

as per previous posts, a default noticed is issued and you have so long to remedy. As I have stated before you can only pay creditors within your means.

I have recieved around 4 default notices,so don't panic.

They are just letters. They are registerd with CRA,s but so what. so are missed payments, all detrimental to your credit rating. Have you sorted a plan to manage your debts?

Regards

Cad

Hi Cadbury, thanks for the reply. I haven't been on here for a while as the mbna corresponding was getting me down, and I was having problems with another mbna court case I was trying to sort out with help on here (not my account btw) that was discontinued, which added to the stress, and all of a sudden the people helping on that thread all seemed to disappear!!!

All my debts are sorted, all others are on reasonable interest rates (2.9 on halifax cc). I only have halifax, ikea card & m&s card anyway, the latter 2 with very low balances so very low monthly payments. I am just about managing but for this thorn in my side!!!

Since MBNA refused (in writing) to communicate further with me I have been sending £40 a month. To be honest I have been expecting this anyway. My credit file is already trashed by MBNA, not that I'm bothered anyway.

I can't seem to get that kick up the ass to sort out my letters and send complaints to the relevant organisations, but I don't think it makes any difference anyway. I believe the default notice dated defence ia as defunkt as the cca defense is so is there anything I should be doing? I know I have to save the envelope for some reason. Should I be doing an SAR now?

My worry now is what happens next. Obviously I cant pay what they're asking in 14 days, they've asked in the letter if I can increase my payments or discuss a financial settlement for a reduced amount. they will register default 30 days from letter date etc etc, I assume its a computer generated letter.

What do they mean by reduced amount?

Should I still pay the £40 a month?

Will I have to go to court?

and the biggie - will they go for my house?

As you can see I need to come out of panic mode but all these things keep going round in my head.

Hi Cadbury, thanks for the reply. I haven't been on here for a while as the mbna corresponding was getting me down, and I was having problems with another mbna court case I was trying to sort out with help on here (not my account btw) that was discontinued, which added to the stress, and all of a sudden the people helping on that thread all seemed to disappear!!!

All my debts are sorted, all others are on reasonable interest rates (2.9 on halifax cc). I only have halifax, ikea card & m&s card anyway, the latter 2 with very low balances so very low monthly payments. I am just about managing but for this thorn in my side!!!

Since MBNA refused (in writing) to communicate further with me I have been sending £40 a month. To be honest I have been expecting this anyway. My credit file is already trashed by MBNA, not that I'm bothered anyway.

I can't seem to get that kick up the ass to sort out my letters and send complaints to the relevant organisations, but I don't think it makes any difference anyway. I believe the default notice dated defence ia as defunkt as the cca defense is so is there anything I should be doing? I know I have to save the envelope for some reason. Should I be doing an SAR now?

My worry now is what happens next. Obviously I cant pay what they're asking in 14 days, they've asked in the letter if I can increase my payments or discuss a financial settlement for a reduced amount. they will register default 30 days from letter date etc etc, I assume its a computer generated letter.

What do they mean by reduced amount?

Should I still pay the £40 a month?

Will I have to go to court?

and the biggie - will they go for my house?

As you can see I need to come out of panic mode but all these things keep going round in my head.

Getting a default notice is a long long way from going for your house leopard lady so get that thought right out of your head.

Fill in the attached budget sheet and send it back to them so they can see what you can afford to pay. Budget Sheet.xls

Keep copies of everything. IF at a later stage they take you to court you can show that you have done as they've asked and been reasonable. They can't have what you haven't got after all!!:wink:

Roughly how much do you owe them?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Leopard lady, keep smiling. I had my mbna default a few weeks ago and am currently waiting for the first vermin dca to get in touch. But contrary to what they would have you believe, i am still here, living my life. I havent exploded, been cast out by society or anything else. From all i have read, you would have a better chance of negotiating a payment after a default than before anyway.

Stay strong, living life is far more important so dont let it get you down. At the very end of the road what will happen? A judge will make you pay what YOU can afford. End of. And as people say, that is a long way off.

:-)

Thanks all for your kind words of support. The initial shock has worn off now and like you say I have tried everything I can in the past. I have also seen that the letters accompanying the default are exactly the same as everyone elses and not aimed at me. I think I owe about £12000. I'm hoping they sell it to a dca and don't take me directly to court. Minmoo have you been making any payments?

Not since they told me they couldnt currently comply with my cca request. Only letters i get are statements every month and now a default notice. No phone calls as i changed the numbers online early on. I am no longer concerned at what they think of me, i tried to talk to them early on but they werent interested in helping. So stuff it. CAG has been a great help :-)

I'll keep an eye on your thread as you're a few weeks ahead of me!!! Forewarned is forearmed. I am still gonna pay monthly in case they take me directly to court. They don't have my home number and I have iblacklist on my phone. They probably realised that the cca argument doesnt stand up in court anymore.

• 1 month later...

All quiet here LL, they have defaulted me so i am just waiting to see who gets in touch next. Still no cca of any description. I see the state of the worlds government and their debts and worry even less!

Hi LL and minmoo

I continue to pay token to Yanks despite demands from DCA bandits but OC send no statements and have neither agreed nor disagreed my payments so haven't a clue whether they've added lend lease charges etc to my account.

Minmoo: fear not, I have not eloped to a far off land with strange people of which we know little; I am here but nervous about security without wishing to guilt the lilly. I have offered my self and debt to Berlusconi but he says he has joined CAG under the user name bunga_jumper

x

v

Well as you all know, my nervousness was clear in the early days but opinions are prone to change and mine did just that :-)

I was desperate to try and negotiate initially and do things the right way but since they werent interested i will now only discuss when they show some paperwork. LL,

once the fear of default has passed then there is less to worry about.

I reckon things like this are cyclic and they will most likely be begging people to take out credit again in the next boom. But i wont be involved, lessons have been learned :-)

Vic, i reckon the big Silvio is beyond even CAG's helping hand.

One day his crooked ways will return to bite him on the derriere (and most likely a few other puppet leaders at the rate things are declining lol)

And it is good to see you both in fine spirits, this is nothing they can jail or kill you for so as the late great bill hicks once said,

'The world is just a ride in an amusement park'.

Love and links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMUiwTubYu0

Default notice recieved today. Can anyone tell me what I need to do now and what is likely to happen as I have gone into panic mode again. Should I post in another section now this has arrived? Thanks.

How long did the default notice give you to sort the problem out?

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Hi minmoo

Keynes said something like when the facts change my opinions change. And there's a nice bit in today's paper from Mr Wonga saying they check 8000 items of public personal data within the 20 minute window of deciding a 4000% loan; at least Saddam took 45 minutes.

x

v

• 3 months later...

Hi Minmoo nothing is happening really. How about you? Any progress on yours?

Just keep getting the odd letter saying I am in default and listing the actions they can take. Do you keep getting these? Panicking a bit because I haven't been able to pay this months payment as yet, so they haven't got their £40 on time, but I figure it isn't going to make a big difference in the scheme of things!!!

Do you know if they can put a charge on your house without you knowing about it?

Hi ll

The letters dry up eventually although you may be contacted by a DCA along the way; it's nothing to worry about and come back here for advice.

To obtain a CO they first need to get a CCJ and for you to breach it; again come back if you receive anything that looks like a LBA or a court communication; again this is not likely as you are making payments.

x

v

No LL, no letters for a few months and no dca's yet but i know it will come eventually.

Vic is correct on the charging order from what i have read. Is the house in your own name or shared? Apparently that can mean the difference between a chargin order or a restriction. But then again i could be wrong and no one would be suprised :lol:

Hi Victoria thanks for the information. This is the first month I have missed payment. I wish the DCA would take it over as it appears it is easier to deal with them.

Minmoo my house is in my name only, hopefully if I can keep paying £40 a month they'll overlook me until I'm in a position to make a f&f offer. TBH my main concern is paying my mortgage at the moment. My building society have been really helpful and as I only have 3 yrs to go this is the most important payment. When my fixed term ends in March my payments will be much lower as I took the fixed term before all the interest rates dropped. (typical!!!)

Fred Basset sorry I have only just seen your post. I can't remember without looking out the letter which is a marathon task!!!

• 2 months later...

Hi LL,

Your debt has been passed, almost certainly sold to these.

I believe they are connected to Arrow.

Treat them exactly the same as the original creditor.

They have no more powers. It would seem that MBNA are clearing the decks before they leave the UK(good Riddance). What does the letter say?

Perhaps others have A similar letter.

My debts have been passed from one to another over the years. They do go away when challenged.

Keep positive.

All the best

Cad