Subject Access Request - Advice Please

paulandberyl

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4025 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I don't know if I am in the right area but I wondered if someone would look at the letter I received regarding my SAR request.

Paragraph 3. Any thoughts on this. If they cannot locate the original then I thought they were supposed to send me a reconsituted agreement.

Pare 5. They say they have no record of any telephone calls and yet they have sent evidence of phone calls. These have abreviated comments of things I was supposed to have stated.

Para 6. I thought they were supposed to supply copies of default notices etc.

Para 8. I thought they were supoosed to supply information and not me.

Para 9. So they don't keep anything before 2001. Surely they should.

Last Para. They did not supply any explanatory notes. Most of the stuff they have sent me have abbreviations which I cannot translate.

Does anyone know if they should have included copies of letters I sent to them or that they sent to me and third parties?

Also does anyone know if there is anything from the above that goes cotrary to the data protection act.

I appreciate your time and thoughts.

Thanks

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Hi,

The images are way too small to read. Can you try Photobucket (or similar). Either that or try uploading them as a pdf file

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi,

The images are way too small to read. Can you try Photobucket (or similar). Either that or try uploading them as a pdf file

Hi silverfox1961

Sorry about that I am not used to uploading this sort of thing. I have put them on photobucket as suggested. I will now try and put the link on for this. Thanks

Hover your mouse over the image and a little box shouild appear below the image. Click on the IMG link and then copy and paste it to here

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

I have placed a few thoughts in red below

Hi.

I don't know if I am in the right area but I wondered if someone would look at the letter I received regarding my SAR request.

Paragraph 3. Any thoughts on this. If they cannot locate the original then I thought they were supposed to send me a reconsituted agreement.

Perhaps they don't know what the original agreement looked like so can't reconstruct it

Pare 5. They say they have no record of any telephone calls and yet they have sent evidence of phone calls. These have abreviated comments of things I was supposed to have stated.

When you write back, tell them that

Para 6. I thought they were supposed to supply copies of default notices etc.

This is standard practice that they don't keep copies of template default notices. What there should be is some notation on the comms logs

Para 8. I thought they were supoosed to supply information and not me.

They are trying to confuse you. Stick to your guns

Para 9. So they don't keep anything before 2001. Surely they should.

YES. They should keep records for 6 years AFTER an account is closed

Last Para. They did not supply any explanatory notes. Most of the stuff they have sent me have abbreviations which I cannot translate.

Write back and ask for the codes sheet

Does anyone know if they should have included copies of letters I sent to them or that they sent to me and third parties?

Also does anyone know if there is anything from the above that goes cotrary to the data protection act.

I appreciate your time and thoughts.

Thanks

In line with most financial organisations, they don't want to give too much away. All you can do is go back at them for the missing data.

As they can't supply an agreement, have you CCA'd them yet?