Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder


Capquest County Court Claim Form - Living in China

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3384 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi there,


First time post, i have searched the forums and although i have found similar threads there is nothing that quite suits my situation. Apologies if i have missed a thread.


My situation is that my parents have received a county court claim form from Capquest regarding a debt from an RBS credit card that I had 10 years ago. I initially had forgotton completely about it but having looked through my records I have found that I made a payment to a different debt collector (Wescott) in Oct 2005. This must be the debt they are talking about. It is around £350.


Having read through the forums I believe that not enough time has gone by for the debt to be written off due to the limitation act in England. As the last payment I made was in Oct 05 i understand that it could possibly be written off due to the Prescription and Limitation (Scotland) Act 1973. I have spent most of my time living in Scotland apart from a year and a half in England in 2005/2006. However, and here comes the bit that has me a bit stumped, I moved to China in Aug 2008.


My father scanned me the claim form and as they had been on holiday i only had a day to make up my mind what to do, i have submitted an AOS online saying i am disputing all, i hope that was the right thing to do but I thought as it was nearly 14 days i needed to do something quickly.


I spoke to a representative of Capquest and they said I should just pay up but couldn't actually give me the details of the original debt! I also spoke to RBS who have no record either.


My questions are :


1. As i am living in China, is there anything they can actually do? If not how do i make sure that a CCJ is not recorded on my credit record?

2. Am i able to write of the debt as it is over 5 years and i had been living in Scotland before i moved to China?

3. Do i need to speak to the court regarding my situation as i got the distinct impression from our phone call that Capquest just want the money?


If anyone could help me or point me in the right direction I would be very grateful, if there is another thread which has the answers apologies again.


Thank you!!



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi again,


I've read more of the forum posts and i believe i should be sending a CPR31.14 request initially to capquest? I have this ready to send but is this correct or should I be sending something else to with the limitation act?


Thanks for your help.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...