Halifax Freezing accounts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Halifax freezing public accounts

i would like to draw your kind attention towards the behaviour of Halifax Bank. They closed not only account but have seen loads of people waiting in the queues for long hours. They frozen/closed my account for no reason and sent me a letter to go to local branch with ID, proof of address etc... I been to my local branch (Ilford) with all my paperwork (despite my health problems), the officer in the branch took photocopies, spoken to someone on the phone for 15 minutes, and result NIL. She advised me to go home and hopefully it will be reactivated but after 4 days when i was trying to withdraw money for my dailys, the machine took my card and i was out of money and card.

Again i been to my local branch and explained to an officer, he checked everything this time, and said everything OK. I explained to him my card been taken by machine and i have no money to spend and pay rent & bills, but he said we can't do anything. He spoken to someone on the phone but no luck. i been told to go home and take rest. I don't know what to do. My card and money held by Halifax but no relief, no one helping. I did try to speak to customer service on the telephone but they said we [email protected] do anything, there is another department who can help, they given me some other telephone no. but that no. is not working.

I don't know what this bank wants, i really fed up and want to close my account but please help me to refund my money. Halifax ilford branch is the worst branch, the staff (one old man & old lady) always just wasting people time.Always long queues and everyone is returning home with no luck because they can't help people.

I will never recommend this bank to anyone.

i hope you people will help me and other public in this matter.

Paul

Bad News again,

Halifax holds my money and now refusing to give me money or cards back. The staff in the branch has no idea what to do because every time i visit the branch, they check the details and so we can't help you. I requested to close the account and get the money back but they said we can't do that because your account is suspended for no reason.

i don't know what to do, tried to ring customer services but they couldn't help as well.

Could anyone please help me what to do and where i can get justice?

Paul

If I were you, I'd go in there tomorrrow and refuse to leave until someone gives you a reason for the "suspension". It's your money and you have the right to withdraw it unless they can provide a valid reason why not.

Remember to take all ID with you, including proof of address.

• 2 weeks later...

Still Halifax is not releasing my money despite so many requests, shown my paperwork copies at branch. Halifax is the worst bank and they robbing people and holding their monies for no reason. I would like to inform all the customers that they are switching with Lloyds and will hold ur money and will runaway cuz Lloys will say they are not responsible. I requested to close my account give my money back but no news.

i will never recommend halifax to any one.

I see a trend here - there are others having their account closed/suspended with no notice from HSBC (myself), and Natwest (another member on the forum), all in the past two months. What the heck is going on here?

• 1 year later...
Bad News again,

Halifax holds my money and now refusing to give me money or cards back. The staff in the branch has no idea what to do because every time i visit the branch, they check the details and so we can't help you. I requested to close the account and get the money back but they said we can't do that because your account is suspended for no reason.

i don't know what to do, tried to ring customer services but they couldn't help as well.

Could anyone please help me what to do and where i can get justice?

Paul

I have the same extact problem plz plz if ypurs is fixed please tell me what you did i have written letters made complaints gone into the branh countless times but its still forzen please help

• 1 year later...

Halifax did this to me.

Luckily i had only £1 something in there but immediately got a new bank account with Natwest and got my wages paid into it.

They did the same, Same clueless blank expression why it was frozen. Funny thing is after i moved they let a direct debit out of said frozen account and wanted their £28 fee.

They never helped me so i never paid them. My reasons they froze the account for no reason what so ever, failed to reopen it, then moaned. No way

My suggestions get your money back and move accounts and not to LLoyds either.

Anyone else saw on TV about Abbey national and Santatnder nicking peoples money. Making out they closed the accounts when they did no such thing. Im really begninning to dislike banks with a passion lol