CL Finance and a Yorkshire bank statute barred debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4075 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had a statement for an 11 year old debt of which i sent the statute barred letter as no payments or conversatuions since 2001.

I have had a letter back advising under new regulations statements must be issued and while under the Limitation act of 1980, the debt is not illegal or void.

will i have to pay this money back and will i now be chased for this?

I think the best thing to do is to ignore them, watch them from afar. Don't acknolowedge the debt, don't speak to them over the phone. Scan, Post remove all personal details of letters they send. Let them prove the debt isn't statued Barred. To the best of my knowledge they are trying it on.

Debts don’t go away, even SB ones. But they are NOT now allowed to chase it in any way. It should not be recorded in any way on your credit record, so check that as well.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

Due to the changes brought about by the CCA 2006 one such change was that the CCA now requires creditors under a regulated fixed sum credit agreement to provide

annual statements(77A CCA) Failure to comply with this would mean the debtor would not be liable to pay interest or other default payments in respect of any period

of non compliance when a statement is due but not been sent,nor will the creditor be able to enforce the agreement during said period.This provision applies to existing as well as

agreements made after this change.Irrespective of whether its SB or not the complying of issuing statements does not amount to harassment but a necessary legal requirement.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Andy, when an account has been DN’d, terminated and sold, are statements still necessary?

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

Absolutely Donkey

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Absolutely Donkey

Thank you sir.