About to take on cahoot

mdhayter1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just recieved an email telling me that they are posting out the information that I requested - not sure what the amount will be but should be about £900 ish - From reading everyone elses threads on cahoot it seems that they are the hardest bank to get charges refunded - what are my chances? and will you guiys help me if I get stuck? :confused:

Hi

I'm not far into the process either - sending my LBA next week, but I'll help as much as I can. It does seem that Cahoot are really difficult, although maybe this is because people who have success aren't posting? Or maybe it just looks like cahoot aren't getting as much success as the other bigger banks because there are fewer people claiming.

Either way good luck - it's a lot of money and the law is on your side!

Your chances are fine. You could send your letters through their website, to speed up the initial letter writing stages of intitial approach for repayment and the letter before action (I asked for a list of charges through the 'contact us' sectin of their website, and any further correspondence through [email protected]).

I'm filing a court claim myself next week.

Just hang in there...

Hi,

I posted mine and got an email back telling me to sod off. I'm posting all of mine as I no longer have an account with them and so view it as being more professsional, although as their responses are via email it really doesn't matter.

Read the FAQs before starting - you need to send the prelim letter in the library, but READ THE FAQs and keep us posted.

Good luck! Lager Lou

Hi

I have found your messages really helpful- I sent my first letter to them (I closed my two current accounts with Cahoot in March) about 25 days ago and have heard nothing from them not even an acknoledgment to date. Did you guys receive a letter acknowledging your request for statements letter? If you had an email- did they email you at the email address you hold/held and registered as customers- my personal email that they had a record of is also closed down.

Very worried about the whole thing and not sure what I do now- do I chase by letter about the statements until the 40 days are up? and then what as I have no idea how much they owe me- just that it's a lot!?

• 2 months later...

Hello

It's ages since i started my actions against Cahoot. I sent off my lba about a month ago and still have not got my court bundle together. (hectic time with post grad studies).

Now, am filling in N1, printing off copies of print out statement from Cahoot, printing out email correspondence from Cahoot. Has anyone included anything else in the bundle (supporting evidence from reports etc etc)?

Be grateful for any advice

Hi,

Am a bit confused about which stage you are at. if you are filing an N1 form then you do not have to (yet) worry about putting together a court bundle. The bundle will be needed if you get a court date - this will not be for a while yet.

When submitting your N1 you just need to attach a schedule of charges, which should include your account number, name, dates you were charged, type of charges and the amounts. There is a spreadsheet to help you do this in the library; there is also advice on how to fill in an N1 form in the library.

Hope this helps, Lager Lou

Many, many thanks. I was v. confused too! That's really helped.

Am also confused about what interest if any to include on the schedule.

Up to this point i have put on the 10.6% charged on the o/d by Cahoot.

:confused: is this right? it seemed only fair to me.

i have had no reply whatsoever to my L.B.A. either.

ha hum

The following link will take you to the spreadsheets in the library. Personally, I've not bothered calculating the overdraft interest as my claim is quite small and i didn't feel it was worth it, so I'm unable to help you calculate the interest accrued on your overdraft - sorry, maybe somebody else can.

As per the FAQs in the library, the interest you claim for at the court stage is both the overdraft interest and interest of 8% for each charge, from the date you were first charged. The following link takes you to the spreadsheets in the library. You should not have asked for the 8% interest before starting court action, although I believe (again, check the FAQs or ask somebody else) that you could ask for the overdraft interest in your prelim letter and LBA.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Hope this helps, sorry it's not the complete answer!

Thanks very much. I've already made a spreadsheet to calculate the interest, what I really needed to know is what you've told me: I couldn't make out if the o/d interest was in addition to the 8%.

think it's time for action now!

:D thanks so much!