Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • i point you to two threads whereby you'll see an explanation by andy (post 22 here) https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/410486-lowell-interim-charging-order-from-credit-card-debt-2009/?tab=comments#comment-4912902   and   https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/406428-remortgage-issue/   if yours says:    written notice of the disposition was given to XX Council ( - disposition = sold vis: disposed of) ..... notice means letter telling them it's been sold -    doesn't say it must be paid or settled BEFORE disposition..   that's the way i read it.          
    • dx100uk   You are absolutely correct. That's exactly what the wording is! And if that's the case then - happy days for me! However, I thought that:   1. This wording meant the conveyancing solicitor had to tell the council that the house was about to be sold so they were aware!   But you are saying that the council only needs to be informed AFTER the house has been sold? Can I tell the council that? [I think I've seen something on the internet that says I can, rather than the CS] Or do I need the conveyancing solicitor to contact the council?   2. That this wording wasn't a restriction K [as I'd looked at Schedule 4 of the Standard Forms of Restriction] and tried to match my wording to those listed - and thought restriction K was the closest.     3. That this was a non-standard restriction [and that's what the Land Registry told me too and that the restriction was not a Restriction K!!! [see extract below]   Please remember that when applying for a restriction not in standard form:   it must always contain the words ‘is to be completed by  registration’ rather than ‘is to be registered’. This will serve to make the effect of the restriction clear. The term ‘registered’, where used in any of the standard form restrictions, means the completion of a registrable disposition by complying with the relevant registration requirements prescribed in Schedule 2 to the Land Registration Act 2002 (rule 91(3) of the Land Registration Rules 2003), but this statutory definition only applies to standard form restrictions. Please note that we will not accept restrictions not in standard form for registration that contain the words ‘is to be registered’   So I'm confused now. IF it is a restriction K - then the conveyancing solicitor doesn't have to do anything and I can let the council know.   It seems it is dependent on the wording 'completed by registration' and 'is to be registered'???   Below is copied from Martin's MSE.   This relies again on the 'is to be registered' whereas my wording is ' completed by registration' which you say is restriction K and LR says is not.   I need to go to sleep now!   Thanks dx.   Extract from MSE below.   If your property is jointly owned a creditor will not be able to obtain a CO against you, they can only get what is called a restriction. The laws on Restrictions are totally different to Orders, the most important being there is NO OBLIGATION for you to pay any of the proceeds of the sale to the creditor. However, during the whole court process you go through the reference from all parties (especially the creditor) will be to charging order and NOT to restriction. This is done in order to deceive you believing you are stuck with a CO. However, not all solicitors are aware of the law in this regard and it is important that you raise this point with them in the first instance before proceeding with them Quote: Restriction The restriction which can be entered on the register where a charging order is made against one of joint proprietors is in the following form :- No disposition of the registered estate is to be registered without a certificate signed by the applicant for registration or his conveyancer that written notice of the disposition was given to [name of person with the benefit of the charging order] at [address for service], being the person with the benefit of /I]an interim[I/I]a final[I charging order on the beneficial interest of (name of judgment debtor) made by the (name of court) on (date) (Court reference.…).        
    • Hi Tony,   Please ensure YF does NOT acknowledge any debt  when confirming their new address.   They should simply state, " Please note my new address, as shown above."   Do not say anything about "a debt owed", or "the money you are chasing."   Do nothing that resets the SB Clock - ie acknowledging the debt and causing probs for the next 6 years. 
    • you ring you bank    
    • i suspect the charge on the Land registry site against the house reads:   2. (XX.XX.2007) RESTRICTION: No disposition of the registered estate is to be completed by registration without a certificate signed by the applicant or his conveyancer that written notice of the disposition was given to XX Council at P.O. Box XX, STREET, TOWN, POSTCODE, being the person with the benefit of a Charge under Section 22 of the Health and Social Services and Social Security Adjudications Act 1983.   ..............   that is a restriction k and is useless to the council, as all 'legally' your have to do is inform them AFTER the house has been sold . then it's too late money has gone.   dx
  • Our picks

    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies

Will whatever happens repair my plasma screen?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3482 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi there


I've got a Pioneer plasma which I purchased from Dixons online in March 2008. The Coverplan 3 year warranty expires in March next year.


I've got two little kiddies who have managed to scratch the screen in my opinion quite badly. There is a scratch which I can feel with my figure which is approximately 10/15 centimetres down the screen slightly off centre. When watching light backgrounds it's particularly evident to me at 7 ft away, and even more so when playing games on the ps3. However it's one of those things where if you don't realise it's there, you may not see it; but it particularly bugs me. I see it almost all the time.


Will coverplan/whatever happens fix this for me. I've got a whatever happens brochure in front of me stating if you didn't have their cover, a plasma screen would cost £1500 to repair; suggesting they will cover it.


The tv still works so where do they draw the line? I know from research that it's impossible to repair scratches on the anti reflective coating without replacing the whole plasma panel. So effectively it would cost almost as much as a new plasma.


Any ideas, much appreciated?



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello and Welcome, redbullman.


I'm not too clued up on 'whatever happens' but hopefully someone will be along to help shortly.






Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever happens does cover accidental damage.


Although I know of a few people who have requested repairs and they have had the damaged item returned saying they would not cover it as it came under misuse or abuse of the item..

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.


Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this will fall under abuse or misuse unfortunately, but you will never know until yu asked them to look. Are you sure that the kids damaged it and not the cat / dog or perhaps yourself with the vacumm cleaner?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there


Thanks for all the replies.


Well we don't have pets and are extra careful around the tv. Considering there are always kiddie prints on it, I would have thought it was a cast iron certainty.


I don't really want the tv taken away for weeks if they aren't going to fix it. Our oldest would not be happy with no cbeebies for weeks!


The infamous Whatever Happens "abuse or misuse excuse" is surely just a con for them not to pay out. How is a scratch on the screen not accidental damage? I can understand that when a tv has "fallen down the stairs", but not scratches. They've been on Watchdog many times for this sort of behaviour.


Maybe I should call them up and ask.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


Cosmetic damage isn't covered, if it doesn't effect the working of the product.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's hardly cosmetic damage of it's down the middle of the screen and effects the image being displayed (due to the cracked anti reflective coating). In a common sense world, cosmetic damage would be to the surround of the unit, not the screen itself. I don't see how anybody could put a case together to say a crack on the anti reflective coating doesn't effect the working of the product. It effects the working of the product because it affects the image the viewer sees. Now maybe Whatever Happens people can legally get out of it, but to me it's pretty obvious it's not cosmetic damage.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, i dont think a scatch on a screen is cosmetic if the user cannot see the image so therefore it should come under accidental damage. whether WEH decide to repair it or reject claim is really up to them. common reasons for rejections include 'claiming accidental damage near the time of expieration' or simply something ridiculous like a car driving over a tv....

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they may deem it to be cosmetic if it does not affect the actual working of the television - as the OP says, the scratch is there but may be missed if you don't look for it. Personally, in my opinion, if you have cover for"whatever happens" then you should have cover for all eventualities - however, my other opinion is that a company will not pay for a repair if the item in question is not [faulty] - in the way that they believe faulty means.

Lived through bankruptcy to tell the tale! Worked in various industries and studied law at university. All advice is given in good faith only :)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

1]suggest tweeking the brightness and contrast and playing the game it is most noticable on

2]photograph the severity the scratch has caused

3]phone up call centre and ask them if you emailed them the photo or you tell them a link to a picture upload site would they verify-justify fault and note on their system to ensure work is complete and arrange a repair pickup [if deemed fault]


i done this myself and didnt need to arrange a pickup just to assess it they agreed on looking at the uploaded photo it worthy of repair and it got repaired[place copy of photo in repair pickup box with tv]


it saves time showing evidence prior to pickup to ensure it gets dealt with rather then wasting time


hope this helps

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...