• Tweets

• Wait for more replies, but that letter to me can be interpreted as a letter before action. Ignoring it can have consequences. The court to impose sanctions for failure in responding to a letter of claim.
    • I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

welcome finance issues - now MKDP

Angel104
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The number was withheld. And I think it might be welcome finance because they have telephoned here in the past and witheld their number and we do have car on finance with them. The caller did ask for my husband by name and asked if was out at work all day. We are not expecting any parcel deliveries.

Hi Angel

Looks like you could be right

The regular DPD courier just came to deliver and before he left I asked about them calling prior to delivering

He told me they follow the normal process for private address'. . attempt to deliver, maybe call if there's a number given but generally leave a calling card

He doesn't know of any time that his office has tried to make contact before the package goes out

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I will try and make this short.

In 2007 we took out a car loan with welcome finance then

my husband lost his job and

we hit money troubles so

welcome got us to sign a loan agreement for a longer period

we dont have the agreement because

last year a man from welcome tried to take the car when

I told him to get a court order he asked to see the agreement and ran off with it.

The loan for the car was £10,000.

We have paid welcome the sum of £8000 so

a couple of weeks ago Lewis wrote demanding the £10,000 so

I wrote back and said that we have paid £8,000.

Lewis now say that when we took out the new agreement it cancelled

the old one and as far as welcome are concerned we still owe the full amount.

Now we are bit concerned because they have not taken the £8,000 off that we have paid so

where has our money gone.

Should I write to welcome finance.

Angel Hi send a SAR to Welcome and ask for all statements to date and copies of the original agreement and the subsequent agreement.

You need the full history for the account to enable you to see how your payments have been applied

regards FS

moved to the welcome forum

and get reclaiming!!!

they owe you more than you owe them i bet!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone please advise me what I should do.

Last week I received a letter from Howard Cohen demanding payment

I wrote back and said the account in in dispute because I don't owe welcome what they say I owe.

The letter was sent recorded delivery and I have been to the royal mail website and they did get it.

Today I received another letter from Howard cohen saying that as

they have had no response from me

they are now preparing legal action.

On top of that welcome have not yet repled to my S.A.R.

ignore and stop writing to these muppets await the sar return

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Angel Hi dx100k follow this advice,

When you sent your SAR and £10 fee did you send it recorded? if so you are aware of how to check that the SAR was delivered to Welcome and who signed for it,they have 40 days to respond

Regards FS

Hi Angel

You've told Cohen that the account is in dispute. They have received that letter and if they choose to ignore it then that is up to them. You have created the paper trail.

As the guys said above, ignore Cohens and wait for your sar documentation.

Certainly do not talk to Cohens on the phone at all.

ims

Angel104 - I'm pretty sure Cohens are Welscums 'in house' legal team so just ignore them they have little power's over you you have informed that the account is in dispute, you have a paper trail to prove this so don't worry about it.

It's a tactic that Welcome use to bully and harass you into paying, if you look on the threads in the welcome forum you will see the tactics they use

• 4 months later...

where are we on this PPI claim?

dx

and they

• 2 years later...

We are being chased by MKDP for a welcome finance debt which is statue barred.

Back in 2010 we queried the figures on the default notice that had been sent.

This morning we had a letter from MKDP saying:

Following a further review of the account I can verify that you have acknowledged the account in you correspondence to Welcome finance in January 2010.

Also back in MKDP claimed we had paid welcome the sum of £3000. And we replied saying that welcome paid that as a PPI refund and MKDP are also saying that this is further acknowledgement of the account We did say in the letter that we did not acknowledge the debit.

My question is this: Where do we stand because this is well over statue barred.

thread merged yet again with you existing welcome finance thread

please keep to one thread per debt.

dx

and they

you originally had a car from welcome

you hit hard times

your OH phoned to reduce payments

welcome arranged another loan for a reduced payment.

your OH never signed this loan paperwork

the debt is unenforceable.

typical welcome finance scenario.

if you wish

sent MKDP a CCA request.

dx

and they

sorry DX I forgot about this thread. Can I just verify that even though we queried the figures on the default notice. It still stands as statue barred

MKDP will have to prove that the letter was "an unequivocal admission of liability". The PPI has no relevance.

As dx said send them a CCA request.

I would suggest sending a separate letter to MKDP stating that there claim that you have admitted liability is refuted and it is MKDP that must now provide unequivocal proof that the alleged debt is not statute barred.

Also state that if such evidence is not provided within 7 working days you will consider the matter closed.

For information: I am currently dealing with another similar Welcome rewritten agreement that was not signed by the customer a DCA has now claimed that it can "revert" to the original signed agreement, which I believe they cannot do.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

no they cant.

they've tried this before.

theres another large thread on this issue with welcome staff

creating new agreements, and signing on behalf of the person on the phone.

i'm sure the FSA ruled on one too in their day 7 practically deemed it fraud

POSTGGJ posts refer somewhere i'm sure

and they

This is what MKDP said in a recent letter how should I reply.

When you wrote and queried the figures on the default notice

we view this as acknowledging the debt.

Furthermore when you advised us that a payment made on the account was A PPI refund

we view this as further acknowledgment of the debt

therefore we do not believe that this debt is statue barred.

bowlarks.

a ppi refund does not ack a debt

neither does querying the level of a DN.

and they

How was your query worded when asking or the information?

Acknowledgment in writing Must be unequivocal admission of liability.

Was this done after the debt became SB? If so nothing can change the

status of the debt.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

This is what MKDP said in a recent letter how should I reply.

When you wrote and queried the figures on the default notice

we view this as acknowledging the debt.

Furthermore when you advised us that a payment made on the account was A PPI refund

we view this as further acknowledgment of the debt

therefore we do not believe that this debt is statue barred.

Tosh and piffle. Invite them to sue you!

Ha ha ha ha ha, that gave me a laugh! Send a 'copy' of that very foolish missive to the FCA, let them see just

how desperate the whole financial industry really is.... brilliant...

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Brigadier

the debt became statue barred 18 months ago.

3 months ago MDKP wrote and said that we had paid £3000 to welcome finance last year.

All I did was write and back and informed them that the amount paid in was a PPI refund paid in by welcome finance

so I do not see how this is admission of the debt.

But on saturday we received a further letter from MDKP which says:

Further to our previous correspondence

will you please telephone our office with your proposal for payment of the debt.

Furthermore as we informed you in our previous correspondence we do not view the debt as statue barred because;

1) You queried the amount on the default notice.

2) You informed us that the amount paid in was a PPI refund.

So therefore you are liable to pay this debt.