Unpaid Council Tax after split with partner

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4897 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry night-watchman,I was only joking about my Daughter,she can be very firm but not abusive.

I actually took the very good advice of ploddertom - I emailed my local councillor yesterday outlining the whole story from when my Grandaughter split with her partner.

She emailed me back this morning and was very sympathetic,she has arranged to meet my Grandaughter at the council offices tom orrow and speak to them on her behalf.She has also forwarded my email to the Chief Executive of the council so hopefully this will be resolved tomorrow.

Thank you ploddertom,this definitely seems the right way to go.I will come back and let you know how we get on.

No problems Wendy :) it was just another case of how low they will stoop to get their own way.

I am pleased to see that things are on the move for your g/daughter and wish you both luck in resolving this issue.

Please keep us up to date.

OK own up, who swapped the A and I on my keyboard ? :D

True to her word my local councillor turned up today and tooke her turn in the queue to speak to an advisor who insisted that My Grandaughter would sill have to deal with the bailiff.

At this my councillor, bless her, took the phone on the advisor's desk and called the CEO who came down immediately.

When we showed her the documents and explained the situation she was furious at the way my Grandaughter had been treated and within a matter of minutes she had arranged for the debt to be recalled from the bailiff and,exactly as I had been advised on this site,she said that she would apply for an attachment to benefits of £3.00 per week.

She also took the letter that the bailiff had put through my Grandaughter's door and said that she would be contacting the Director of Rundles regarding their actions,she was not at all happy with them.

I have just returned home to find an email from the CEO giving me all of the information of her actions,recovery has now ceased and My Grandaughter can settle down again,thank you all once again.

All in all, thanks to the good people here this has now been resolved

That is really good news, I am very happy it has been resolved.

It just goes to show that even if some people who are classed as vulnerable will stand up and fight against these intimidating bullies.

Once again well done ..... a great result.

OK own up, who swapped the A and I on my keyboard ? :D

Result!

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

A great result particularly coming on a Friday. Not trying to be funny but a suggestion either to your Councillor or Chief Exec - ask them to revisit staff training on these type of matters, would think if the Council actually checked out their customers status prior to taking action most of this could have been avoided. Hope you & your granddaughter can have a peaceful future now.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for your replies,I am feeling very pleased with myself and even more so with my local councillor.

My councillor did comment on the abrupt way that even she was dealt with by the benefits advisor,it was only when she phoned the CEO that the attitude seemed to change,it was quite funny actually,watching her cringe as the CEO appeared.

Seriously though,I would advise anyone with a problem with Rundles to seek out your local councillor to tackle the council,mine certainly made them sit up and listen.