Crapquest CCA request.

johnsi7
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After sending a CCA request to Crapquest they sent me a letter saying they needed a signed request in order to comply with my request. I came on here and was given a template letter advising them that there was no legal requirement for me to sign a request. I have received a letter from them this morning advising me that the account is now closed with them and all correspondance should be forwarded to the original creditor. Problem is, it was sent recorded delivery and I signed for it! They now have a copy of my signature. Have I dropped a major clanger!

Someone please tell me I`ve nothing to worry about.

Thanks in advance. I`ve had some great help so far.

The cheeky beggars!

I don't think you will have too much to worry about. Have you seen the quality of the signatures obtained by Royal Mail and put on their website. If they did use that signature (Unlikely IMO) you would spot it a mile off.

Your letter would have the serial number on it. Why not go online and have a look at your signature

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

The letter from them only arrived this morning. So haven`t been able to look at it. Problem is how can I prove that any signed agrrement(with this mornings signature on it) has this mornings signature on it?

The Royal Mail web site allows you to trace a recorded delivery and shows you a copy of the signature that you can print a copy of. I have done just that myself when sending letters recorded delivery.

Did you sign on paper or on one of their silly machines? Every time I have signed on one of the machines, it looks awful, bits missing as it requires constant pressure to achieve a full siggy.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Oh well. Once they get back to the office they should scan the signature into their computer and put it on the website and possibly enlarge it for clarity. Any scan would look odd anyway so I don't think there is too much to worry about.