Debt collector takes to Facebook....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/4363600/Debt-collector-takes-to-Facebook

I don't know whether this article was worth mentioning or posting, but I guess it something to bear in mind. Has made me very aware who I befriend on FB and how I display my personal information, considering *bottom feeding ***** cough I mean DCAs will try all sorts of cr*p!

Also another site (if you ever) want to search yourself and see what others see is;

http://www.pipl.com

I think data Protection would come into things if they tried it here. If a DCA posted a message about someone publicly on FB, the book will get surely tossed very hard at them

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Such are the dangers of Fakebook and tw4tter

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Its been mentioned on the Credit Today forums that they use both FB and LinkedIn. I don't accept offers to join LinkedIn. I am on FB and if they dare contact me they will be very very sorry, I have an advanced degree in winding up cold callers! Haven't had to use it in a long time though!

I think one of the dangers of social networking sites likes Facebook is that it records such personal information like mobile phone numbers and email addresses, I believe it records you mobile number if you access from your phone.

Unless you have your security features set pretty tight, these bottom feeders can access this information. They may also look for job moves, exotic holidays and the like.

• 2 months later...
Its been mentioned on the Credit Today forums that they use both FB and LinkedIn.

Marlin is one using LinkedIn.

I updated my current employer in LinkedIn and within days I start getting automated phone calls on my work mobile from Marlin. They have clearly contacted my employer for my mobile number, so they blatantly know its my work number.

Eeek, I checked the link and discovered an old my space I had years ago was open for all to see, pictures and all! so thank you for the alert.

Would you agree that most people have a facebook account? if you were a bailiff and your name appears on paperwork, what would your profile picture be? A feline maybe?