• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Disgusting treatment from Perfect Home

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The seizure of goods issue is a bit tricky as this is an HP contract and they can actually take the goods back without a court order. The exact law around this and how they can actually take the goods back is a bit of a mystery to me so I think it may be worth posting a question on the bailliffs forum as suggested. It is also why it is important to arrange a repayment plan if you want to keep the goods.

The behaviour of the staff and the problems you are having in actually agreeing a repayment proposal should be reported to Consumer Direct and TS who will record this and hopefully try and help you resolve it

The Head Office does not appear to have telephone contact but there is an address you can write to - it is very very difficult to find someone high up in this company who can resolve complaints however TS may be able to find someone

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

no shes in the wrong

feel free to write a complaint to the local police station point out that if they are unable to deal with this complaint successfully then you require them to forward it to the IPCC

to get a baliff involved they would have to take it to court

as you have made efforts to pay which they have refused you have made reasonable attempts to resolve the issue so the judge is likely to laugh them out of court

even with a court order a baliff can only enter your home if he has previosuly been allowed in to make a list of items to take (and they are not allowed to take essential items anyway)

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Hi,

I'd just typed this out on the new thread but it disappeared...postus interuptus :-)

Also there's a very good thread by Lefty, here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?130871

(About Brighthouse but Perfect Homes is run by ex Brighthouse members on a similar model)

You do seem to have a lot on your plate, and I would strongly suggest that you have no further personal contact with these people. Go through the proper channels, amend and use the letters on the above thread to establish a chain of proof. KEEP EVERYTHING IN WRITING! No shop visits, no phone calls.

Contact Consumer Direct and Complain:

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/

Finally, and most importantly, get some local help with this - make an appointment with Citizens Advice.

Elsa x

Hi SquishySquirrel

Please don't start any further threads, the guys here are offering advise and it can get confusing with several threads running at once. Thank You.

Elsa is that Latin or Greek? 'postus interuptus' 8-)

Morning Rebel :-)

Another thought for SquishySquirrel... you also have the option to take the bull by the horns and apply to the Court for a time order. That way a judge would be able to reset the payments and can alter interest / penalty payments if he sees fit.

More about it on Sequenci's excellent blog here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/entry.php?186-Time-orders-A-Guide-For-The-Rest-Of-Us

I think contacting CAB is a very good idea and also you must contact Consumer Direct, certainly to complain and they may be able to involve Trading standards who could help.

CAB should be able to advise on the time order application and if you are on benefits, this would not cost anything.

Please remember that this is an HP contract so a bit tricky to deal with also you need to avoid PH adding all sorts of additional charges.

I agree that you should not be dealing with PH directly as the situation is getting out of hand and some local help is going to be of benefit

donate

I'm now in heaven knows how much arrears with Temple Finance (I believe it's around £150 now).

I have repeatedly offered to make payment arrangements with them, but they were only willing to offer me a payment freeze.

It was their suggestion, and I accepted, but when I filled in the forms to get this freeze, and made the first payment,

I was then informed around four days later that the freeze had been rejected bytheor head office.

I was also later informed by a manager that the weekly payment one makes whilst on a 'freeze' also includes a weekly administration fee for being on the payment arrangement,

something which I was not made aware of at the time.

I am also being charged £3 per week per agreement (I have two agreements, one for a bed and one for a mattress) for each week I am in arrears.

I am also still being charged a lot each week for service cover and something else.

I asked for them to be removed when I first signed up, but was told they would not remove it unless I could provide them with my full home insurance policy details

(but my insurance doesn't cover HP, and as such, I was told I had to have all of the added cover etc)

I have, for weeks, been offering to pay an extra £5 a week on top of my usual weekly payment, but that has not only been refused,

but with the £6 a week arrears charge, it's also pointless.

When Temple Finance first contacted me, I offered them £20 a week, which is my weekly payment, plus £5,

but i was told I had to pay either one payment of £130, or two payments of £65 (made within one week) or hand the bed back.

I couldn't afford either of the first two options, and I refused to hand my bed back.

I again offered them what they had initially offered me, that they freeze my account for 7 weeks,

I pay £20 a week for those 7 weeks, covering my arrears, and then the credit agreement continues as normal.

This was accepted eventually, on 12th January, I was supposed to go and sign the forms the following day,

but due to my 7 month old son being incredibly ill in hospital, I couldn't make it,

I was unable to phone them as I was in the hospital and had no credit.

When I spoke to them a week later, I told them what had happened, apologised, and told them I would be in the same day to sign the forms,

but before my son was even awake there was a guy from Temple Finance at the door.

(the full story is in my prev. post) after a lot of trouble with him and two very uneducated members of the local catastrophe, sorry, constabulary,

I went to the store as I'd said, and was told by the manager several things.

Firstly, that my account was with the DCA, and he voting work anything out with me.

Secondly, that there is no such thing as a tort of trespass.

Thirdly, that I either paid in full or gave the bed back.

He asked me "Can you pay now, in full" I said "No".

He then asked "Can someone come and collect the goods now?" I said "No", but reiterated my payment offer.

He then said "Well, you're obviously going to be unreasonably uncooperative, please leave the store" so I did.

I have heard nothing since,

however I have been in hospital with acute appendicitis,

so I am unsure as to whether any attempt to contact me has been made.

Can you please help me with which letters I need to send, and to whom I need to send them too. I would be extremely grateful. Thank you in advance. X "

There're a few things I was wondering.

Firstly, I read a post by Lefty about Brighthouse, which said that when an account is in arrears,

the insurance and whatnot cease to operate, is that the same with these cowboys, and should I make them remove the insurance etc from the total balance owed.

Also, HP is not covered on my home insurance, so does that mean I have to have the cover etc? Or do I still have a right to cancel it?

I'm going to have a look into getting a time order now.

Can anyone help with templates of letters I should send.

I'm also definitely going to contact Watchdog & Consumer Direct :)

Thank you all for your help so far, I feel like a weight is being lifted off of my shoulders! X

Hi,

Have they sent you an arrears notice yet?

If so you can apply for the Time Order straight away. As you will have seen though, there is a fee but if you're on some Benefits it can be waived.

Before writing any letters I'd contact Citizens Advice on Monday, make an appointment, they can help with the Time Order and/or will sometimes negotiate with the creditor on your behalf.

Once you've done that, you can then write to PH and tell them you have an appointment with CAB re this debt. They then have to back off for 30 days to give you time to sort it out.

Once you've done that, come back and we'll help with the letter :-)

Elsa x

• 3 months later...

I agree with the above, Jacko. We value your input but do not be afraid to put this on the open forum. You will not get into trouble but using PMs is really no use at all. In my opinion Perfect Homes are a dis-functional company and in need of investigation. I am thankfully no longer a customer but have issues, not so much about their arrears process which is bad, but their failure to give me any correct information about payment, deal with errors which were their fault or even produce statements. Also the fact that everything is run in shop by ill trained people and there is no central customer care or complaints process.

donate

• 1 year later...
I worked for this company for 3 years, as sales & arrears x

hello jacko2011 i was wondering if you could help me please i havent paid for 9 weeks had the harrasment n threats to bring police offered a lower payment they refused what can they do now as i still have my goods

• 2 years later...

Hi i am new to this site & i have been reading about the problems so many others seem to be having with this nightmare so called 'company' Perfect Homes. Sadly i needed a new sofa & TV i had no choice at the time but to go to Perfect Homes as it was the only way i could afford it. I paid every week on time never missed a payment, until December last year when our circumstances changed & i was unable to meet my weekly payments. That is when the phone calls started i got up to 20 calls a day from them, i refused to speak to them over the phone as i wanted everything in writing so i had some form of a log to refer to if it ever went to court.

I explained about my circumstances, i told them that i wanted to make weekly payments as normal but i would have to reduce the amount until i was back on my feet all of which they refused. They stated the only payments they would accept from me was the full weekly amount if i did not pay this they would not accept anything else!

The phone calls & letters continued they accused me of ignoring them & they accused me of not trying to making payments i repeatedly emailed them i informed them that i wanted all communication in writing from them preferably email correspondence but they continued to call me & stated that they would not communicate in writing & that if i did not pay they would take me to court. In the end i said i was happy to go to court as i could prove i had tried everything in my power to make these payments & they had refused.

In the end after i sent countless amounts of emails offering payment, trying to get them to communicate with me in writing they just ceased all contact with me.

I have had no contact with them since March this year & i have since moved home.

I am very concerned that i am going to end up with bailiffs turning up on my door one day demanding payment or the high court sheriffs, my question is what should i do? What is the best way forward for me in this situation? What can Perfect Homes do if anything?

Any help or advice anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated & i apologies for hijacking your post i just really need some advice as this is keeping me awake at night.

Thanks in advance :)

Wont happpen. Perfect home etc rarely ever go to court as they wont want to show the court their behind the scenes business practices, or have to explain them if you decided to record them each time they came to your house, or the phone calls.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 4 months later...

Imperfect Homes,

Who ever calls at your home firstly must do so with your prior permission regards DCA! These idiots carry no more authority than your dustbin. They make their livings by praying on peoples bad luck and naivety. If you are constantly bombarded with nuisance calls, emails, or mail then the PFHA 1997 applies. You should video them every time they come to your door retain all emails and letters to build your case file. Once enough material has been collated then just issue Civil Proceedings against them under the CPR 1998. As some threads on here state people who have goods from either PH or BH have had issues with those items.

Sale of Goods Act 1979 specifically states that an item must be 'fit for purpose' and of 'merchantable quality'. Ergo you have the manufacturers warranty in law has to be 12 months from date of purchase or delivery. Should either PH or BH fail to address issues faulty goods. Then any Credit Agreement signed with them becomes null and void you should then cease all repayment demand a full refund of all monies paid. Neither can they start coming to your home too harass etc as there is no longer a contract with you or them. The law is quite clear on this The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract Regulations 1999 s.6 and the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regs 2008. As soon as there becomes an imbalance in a contract to the detriment of the Consumer then any contract becomes null and void and the Consumer is not legally bound by it.

They think they can just do what they! Do not let them.

:!: who woke the FOTL monkeys today?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D