Jump to content

Harassed by 'No Win No Fee' Accident Solicitors


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

OK... Not quite sure where to start this but here goes.


I had a very turbulent relationship with an ex girlfriend and she's been in contact with an accident claims specialist saying that she was my passenger in a car accident and that she has whiplash. There was never any accident. She claims that the accident happened over 300 miles away in a place I've never been before. No other party to which I was supposed to have had a collision with and my car was off the road at the time although not S.O.R.N. as it had tax still. The solicitors are demanding £5300 in compensation. I've tried to explain to them but they will not listen. They are asking for my insurers of the vehicle, which there are none as my car had been sat on my driveway as I could not afford to maintain it. I keep getting letters and I'm unsure what to do next. I would be grateful of some advice pkease





Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Concern


Welcome to CAG


I would suggest that your ex girlfriend might be in for a big shock. You need to report the matter to the police. What she is doing is clearly wrong on many levels.

Obtaining money by deception.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you provide any evidence that your car was sat on the driveway at the time of the accident? If not, then there are just simply two arguments and the Court will have to decide which party it believes. The police are also unlikely to touch it unless you have contemporaneous evidence to prove that your car, you and your ex were not involved in a car accident and that she is being fraudulent.


Conversely, if you go to the police and you don't have any evidence to contradict her claim, then you may be investigated for driving without insurance etc if they believe her.


Not a pleasant position to be in I admit. If you have concrete evidence send this off to her solicitors and theyb should back off.


If you don't I would suggest you hunt high and low throughout any insurance policies you have i.e. household, other car insurance, credit cards, contents, payment protection etc to see if you have legal expenses insurance to cover this claim and for them to instruct solicitors to defend your claim.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If this incident was 300 miles do you know the date they are saying it happened? Chances are you may beable to prove you was in a totally different location like at work etc? Also i would try and reverse the onus on them. As you was not driving at the time what proof does she have she was in your car. I think they are being chancers and hoping to scare you into paying, but if they have no good evidence then you having nothing to worry about and they will give up.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...