• Tweets

• There is a confusion of terminology here. When it comes to documents granting tenancies they are either described as "tenancy agreements" or "leases". However, though the former is generally used to describe an instrument granting a tenancy for three years or less and the latter to describe an instrument made by deed granting a tenancy for more than three years, they are not "terms of art", that is words or phrases with set meanings. The word "lease", though perhaps primarily used to refer to a document. also refers to an interest in land so that "lease" and "tenancy" mean the same thing, that is a leasehold interest.   Any purported grant of a tenancy for a term exceeding three years is void as provided by section 52(1) of the Law of Property Act 1925:   All conveyances of land or of any interest therein are void for the purpose of conveying or creating a legal estate unless made by deed.   By way of clarification:   Section 205(1)(ii) says:   “Conveyance” includes a mortgage, charge, lease, assent, vesting declaration, vesting instrument, disclaimer, release and every other assurance of property or of an interest therein by any instrument, except a will   Section 52(2) says:   This section does not apply to [...] leases or tenancies or other assurances not required by law to be made in writing   That is clarified by section 54(2) which says:   Nothing in the foregoing provisions of this Part of this Act shall affect the creation by parol of leases taking effect in possession for a term not exceeding three years (whether or not the lessee is given power to extend the term) at the best rent which can be reasonably obtained without taking a fine   (For your information I post as Lawcruncher on LLZ)  
    • I'm still waiting for the petty cash/expenses for the week or so around the various parties to be examined (by te expected whitewash - yeah right)  - for a number of few hundred quick booze bills charging the taxpayer for their antics
    • ..   and was that exemption a proper medically certifies exemption - or some dodgy self swab which changed status .. as it seems to be reported
    • Hi, everyone there. i just have got an confirmation email that cifas has placed a marker on my details requested by starling bank for false documentation fraud. can anyone help me to remove from the record and how to do it?
    • But 1. he apparently did not meet the detail of the exemption requirements (time wise) according to attached 2. He did not meet the requirements (aka wasn't infected hence had no exemption) when he applied to play in November - it occurred/'appeared' later 3. Any discrepancies regarding any claimed infection should automatically negate it (it should be watertight)       Real reason for Djoker’s exemption revealed WWW.NEWS.COM.AU Court documents have revealed Novak Djokovic tested positive to Covid-19 in mid-December, just over two weeks before he travelled to Australia.       Seems to me he didnt meet the requirements when his application was made. Could be he didnt have to prove anything at that stage - but how did he know he would 'achieve' that infected exception?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

'[email protected]@K' TVL STIKE AGAIN. Sniffy behaviour.

loopinlouie

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4075 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right I know they tried it last year and knew they might again this year, but to this extent, VERY STINKY:-x

Paid my tvlicense this month as usual by debit card over phone. once every four weeks pay tvl for the next four weeks. When you were in the tvl scheme a couple of years ago and say if your schedule was finishing end december, therefore paid for your license till end 31/05/2011, you used to be given a little break of a few weeks till next one started, another words paid off mid dec start paying mid Jan.

BUT the greedy beggars in tvl started carrying on the new one after the old one. Not too much of a change you would think, untill I remember one month I was ill and they put the fear of god into me that the enforcers would be round to check on my tv status and I got very upset. They acted visciously and rudely and intimidated me into forgetting, hang on I have a tvlicence and the new schedule doesnt even start till Jan. What I hadnt noticed due to not receiving first one was they had overlapped the dates and well it put my nose out big time.

So now they get sniffier, last year the overlap was one week and I when this month decided to pay xmas and the license off in advance to free me up for dec, suspected they would send another schedule starting end dec asap again.

Theyve gone for the record and within two days of paying my old one off in advance they have sent a new schedule asking for more money from yep, next week monday even, meaning they expect the money again this week to get there by that date.:jaw:

Rang them up and said I thought they had made a mistake and said paying in advance and even if they need to send a new schedule out on whatever planet they are on, dont they think its a bit sniffy to ask for said payment on same week as paying for two months in advance !!!!!!!

They of course said NO:lol:SMELLY BEGARS. REMEMBER THEY ARE A DCA AFTER ALL WORKING FOR THE TVL/BBC,next they will be asking you to borrow from friends or get a loan to pay the license ten years away in advance.:-x

They also pressure to get your phone number and dont like it when you refuse, dca behaviour there sneaking out and putting fear of god into you when there is no grounds, well again dca.

They are now sending out a new schedulte after telling me they cant, hahhahha. :)

Edited by loopinlouie

I have had the same, I preferred to pay them two months at a time, they said monthly dds and I said 'sorry, I don't have DDs."

However they do send out texts to remind me my bill is due, and I text back "PAID" when appropriate.

The TV licence is outdated and needs to be abolished. I mostly now watch stuff on my PC....

For those guest watching wondering why the hecky thump I am refering the the tvl as dcas. It was down to me ringing up on query a few months ago and the answer not being tvl as expected but a well known dca firm. I rang back and thought hang on and found out confirmed by next tvl rep that they were a centre that dealt with many companies processing payments and of course they were a dca working for the bbc doing the payment plans. The previous agent had apparantly commited what I believe they thought was the cardinal sin of getting the companies mixed up who he was representing today and instead gave out the main company name, a DCA' I wasnt in arrears so it wasnt a matter of passing to external dca or even internal one, they turned out to be a dca firm processing all these plans as told by their own rep trying to justify his blooper. I then confirmed it to be true, so why doesnt out payment plans say who we are really dealing with?

Now think do you want them the tvl to have your phone number?

When you get those calls and wonder how your new number even has got to a stranger who knows your name etc......and I am not saying it is them of course as have no proof, but think what every household is supposed to have, yep a tvlicence and unless you pay the year in advance at post office, or even if you pay over the phone in full, what do they ask for and not like you to refuse?

PHONE NUMBER, BE VERY VERY CAREFUL, JUST INCASE. Of course any dca wouldnt pass of your number would they?

NO of course not:roll: Imagine if this dca is after you for something else, do they not use a registered phone number they have for the tvl as a matter of honor not to misuse it, how do we know is all I say.

A dca firm should not be collecting money from vulnerable people on behalf of the bbc at all because of the possible risk of sniffy behaviour and possible use of protected information savvy to tvl only if you give it out. Where when you ring to quey or make payment do they say they are a dca firm to give you the chance to think, oooooh better not give them my number.

Edited by loopinlouie

I have had the same, I preferred to pay them two months at a time, they said monthly dds and I said 'sorry, I don't have DDs."

However they do send out texts to remind me my bill is due, and I text back "PAID" when appropriate.

The TV licence is outdated and needs to be abolished. I mostly now watch stuff on my PC....

You still need a license for that