Out Of The Blue - T8I Call

Coach77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4875 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just had a call out of the blue from T8I Fin Svs,

Luckily it wasn't me that answered so they got no info.

But here's the thing...

I HAVE NOT OWNED OR USED A CREDIT CARD OR HAD CREDIT FOR OVER 8 YEARS?

Now they are probably chasing a possible default on a credit card from 8 years ago from when I was in England.

I now live in Glasgow and have never heard about this card from anyone until now.

ARE THEY ALLOWED TO DO HIS? I thought debts became time barred after 5 years in Scotland 6 in England.

If the card was taken out in England and I am in Scotland where is the jurisdiction, where can they take me to court?

C O A C H

Hi Coach

Welcome to CAG

The debt is Statued Barred providing no payment has been made for 6 years.

You need to send them the following letter, send it recorded, but make sure you check the dates and payment history.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?408-Letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred

Damn that is just too easy!

Sorry I didn't understand your comment.

As to sending them a letter

Wouldn't that mean having to contact them to get the account details?

They are not likely to hand that info on over the phone so they'll want my address and eerything before giving me the account details

Also would they still be able to put defaults up on my credit reference

Sorry I didn't understand your comment.

Apologies, I was being flippant again....:doh:

What I meant was it is SB therefore game over, and you don't have to enter into a game of letter tennis, something which I quite enjoy...

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

But surely its against the law to pursue it in the first place once the time has passed?

Also can anyone answer the defaults question above, can the still place defaults on your name 8 years on before you tell them about the statute bar?

In a word NO they can't!

A default is only placed on your credit file (CRF) up to 6 months from the date of default (Or is that 1 month??) Anyhow, the default ONLY has a shelf life of 6 years and automatically drops off your file and should 'never' appear again.

If it has or does then you have grounds for claiming damages against both the fool who has been fraudulently playing with the dates of default, and the lousy Credit Ref Agency who has allowed the incorrect adverse data to be placed on your CRF.

In the first instance, a very strongly worded letter should be sent to the CRA's and all of them told in no uncertain terms that if they fail to remove the incorrect data from your file immediately you will seek legal advice with a view to taking legal action against them and the offending company placing the incorrect data, for damages, and these start at Min £1000, per incorrect entry!

Whilst it is not against the Law to chase SB debts, once the DCA has been informed it is such they are then supposed to stop any collection activity. They are unable to take any legal action against you in regard to this debt, as it is SB, they might hilariously tell you that you have a 'moral duty' in which to repay, if you get one of those scan and post it up so we can all have a laugh..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Coach

TBI come up time and again, if it is SB then once they have written to you it is game over.

They are rather a bunch of losers, who try it on again and again, glad you have found the CAG.

Cups