Apex Credit Management Ltd

ncci

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey all!

Didn't realise I had an account on here (been some time...) so can't say this is my first post. Anyway, here is the scenario...

Back in 2004 I was approached by "Home Learning College", a salesman came round to my house (well, 2) and I ended up "agreeing" to be put on a course, saying that it was the perfect one for me etc. - nothing to do with my lifestyle!

I had felt extremely pressured in to signing up for the course and ended up signing an agreement on the day, and as soon as all of the books came through, I immediately sent them back (I believe it was by courier) and started the complaint procedure.

For 8 hard months, telephone calls went back and fourth, letters went back and fourth, and then it all stopped... (I wrote the last letter).

In the beginning of this year a company called "Apex Credit Management Ltd" approached me for the full debt. I explained the situation (an hour on the phone) and they explained that they will go back to Home Learning College.

They approached be again yesterday by letter, to which I phoned up tonight and spoke to someone who explained that Home Learning College had turned round and said that although I felt bullied/pressured in to the course, the agreement is still in force - and that I didn't manage to cancel it in time.

Another half an hour on the phone trying to sort it out, I explained to the bloke that I would like to put this matter to rest as it has caused so much grief over the years, but unless I could cough up an £800-£900 settlement over the phone, it must go further.

I am now extremely worried, it has been several years since the complaints started and I thought they had finished, I fear I may not have all of my original letters and I certainly don't have a copy of the original agreement as I was never given a copy. At the end of the day, I wouldn't mind paying for it if I even started the course, but now I am expected to "give away" over £1,000 for something I was "bullied" in to signing and never even filled in a page of the book! I am also worried that now I have been told it has to go further and probably end up in court, that they will be able to present a copy of the agreement and I will end up with further costs.

I have no idea what to do, can anyone lend any suggestions? I thank anyone in advance for this.

Stop talking to them on the telephone for a start, they can say what they like to frighten/threaten you with no proof.

You say they have written to you, so first and foremost you need to confirm that they have the right to collect this debt.

You say this was back in 2004, have you made any payments at all, or acknowledged this debt in a clear 6 year period between first default and now? If not, this could well be close to being Statute Barred.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Heya!

Thank you so much for your reply, I try and sort things out amiacbly and believe that some companies may take in to consideration the circumstances, but I have now learnt that this is not the case when money is involved!

I have just a chat with my father, and it was actually the tail-end of 2006 that they approached me, probably just before Christmas (sounds about right, for them to collect their commission time time for it!). So as I was thinking of the 6 year gap as well, I guess that is now out of the question.

Since the beginning of this year, I have setup a thing on my phone to record all inbound and outbound calls, but will stop contacting them from now. However, he did mention that they will now be passing it to a company called "Pinnacle" as I have failed to come to an agreement with them.

From what I remember, I made a single payment, I believe it was a £50.00 cheque on the day as a "deposit".

I guess this has now put be in a worse position that I originally thought.

Heya!

Thank you so much for your reply, I try and sort things out amiacbly and believe that some companies may take in to consideration the circumstances, but I have now learnt that this is not the case when money is involved!

I have just a chat with my father, and it was actually the tail-end of 2006 that they approached me, probably just before Christmas (sounds about right, for them to collect their commission time time for it!). So as I was thinking of the 6 year gap as well, I guess that is now out of the question.

Since the beginning of this year, I have setup a thing on my phone to record all inbound and outbound calls, but will stop contacting them from now. However, he did mention that they will now be passing it to a company called "Pinnacle" as I have failed to come to an agreement with them.

From what I remember, I made a single payment, I believe it was a £50.00 cheque on the day as a "deposit".

I guess this has now put be in a worse position that I originally thought.

Firstly, and most importantly, calm down and do not panic. This does not sound to me like a major problem at all. They have actually played nicely into your hands by passing it to Pinnacle, though you can't assume they have till you hear from them in writing.

I would be inclined to write back to Apex Management with a Prove It letter (I can supply one if you can't find one on here). This often puts the DCA in an impossible position immediately as often they cannot prove you owe the debt. Until they do come up with proof the debt is then in dispute and no further collection action can be taken on it until the dispute is resolved. If they do pass it to Pinnacle you should receive written notification of this. If you hear from Pinnacle simply file the first letter and ignore it, then on the second letter send them a prove it letter so they have to prove the debt has been properly assigned to them.

While they're chasing their tails finding to find your agreement, prepare an IE sheet and post it on here for us to look at with all personal details removed.

Finally do not communicate with any of these people other than in writing. This is your right and while they may not like it (because it's solid proof) they have to do it. It won't stop them phoning, but just ignore the calls.

I appreciate this is very distressing if you've not been in the situation before, but honestly try not to worry, I suspect they will not be able to provide the requisite proof to take things much further.

• 1 month later...

Heya!

Thought I'd give a quick update so you know I'm not ignoring your last reply!

Still waiting on that letter from the company they said they will be forwarded my account to.

Guess they can't be that desperate.

No, where any alleged debt is concerned, esp with Pinnacle or Apex Crudit Mismanagement the trick is to go at your own pace, don't be at their beck and call, if there was anything they could have done, they would have done it within the first 12 months of you not paying, they are chancing their arm and hoping that you are as incompetent, unqualified and puerile as they are.

If they manage to cobble together some sort of coherent crayoning then come back, but there is little, I feel, that you need be worried about.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!