• Tweets

• Thank-you dx for your feedback. That is the reason I posted my opinion, because I am trying to learn more and this is one of the ways to learn, by posting my opinions and if I am incorrect then being advised of the reasons I am incorrect. I am not sure if you have educated me on the points in my post that would be incorrect. However, you are correct on one point, I shall refrain from posting on any other thread other than my own going forward and if you think my post here is unhelpful, misleading or in any other way inappropriate, then please do feel obliged to delete it but educate me on the reason why. To help my learning process, it would be helpful to know what I got wrong other than it goes against established advice considering the outcome of a recent court case that seemed to suggest it was dismissed due to an appeal not being made at the first stage. Thank-you.   EDIT:  Just to be clear, I am not intending to go against established advice by suggesting that appeals should ALWAYS be made, just my thoughts on the particular case of paying for parking and entering an incorrect VRN. Also, I continue to be grateful for any advice you give on my own particular case.  
    • you can have your humble opinion.... You are very new to all this private parking speculative invoice game you have very quickly taken it upon yourself to be all over this forum, now to the extent of moving away from your initial thread with your own issue that you knew little about handling to littering the forum and posting on numerous established and existing threads, where advice has already been given or a conclusion has already resulted, with your theories conclusions and observations which of course are very welcomed. BUT... in some instances, like this one...you dont quite match the advice that the forum and it's members have gathered over a very long consensual period given in a tried and trusted consistent mannered thoughtful approach. one could even call it forum hi-jacking and that is becoming somewhat worrying . dx
    • Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant .... I said DCBL because I was reading a few threads about them discontinuing claims and getting spanked in court! Meant  YOU  Highview !!!  🖕 The more I read this forum and the more I engage with it's incredible users, the more I learn and the more my knowledge expands. If my case gets to court, the Judge will dismiss it after I utter my first sentence, and you DCBL and Highview don't even know why .... OMG! .... So excited to get to court!
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other! One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Need Advise re a pup I sold

Angry mum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh well done! Like i say, I'm not one for show dogs, however; if someone gave Henry to me I'd think I'd be in love come teatime! I am so pleased for you - you were very brave over this, and because of that you saved the little lad. Great big well done to you. And he looks like he's just raring to go on the agility!

Oh bugger the eye - that's nought, bit of doctoring and he'll be fine and dandy.

I'm being serious about doing agility with him (if over 12 months) - don't you find that 9 times out of ten you take in a rescue dog (which is really what has happened here) and it takes a fortnight and they have you sussed and then go for it? Well, if you get him on the agility, just you and him, you'll soon get a good bond going, and it'll burn off all that excess energy. (henry's, but it works for us too!)

You mention changing his name. Well, in this case, I think I might do that also. (I hear dog lovers everywhere shuddering at the very thought of taking something so personal away from Henry!) But, chaps, (oh dear, now I feel the dog lovers cringing!) your dogs name is simply another command! It could well be that Henry's name has become a sound he associates with bad things. On the other hand, (and I hope it is so) he might turnout to be the most wonderful carefree dollop you ever did meet and be one of those fortunate beasts with the power to forget all things bad.

I should just let him out with all the other dogs and let them sort him out. Its the best thing to do, after what he's been through he may need a gentle reminder of how he should be and his own kind are the best ones to impress upon him. I hope he will just be confused rather than a problem for you (although ANY behavioural problem can be corrected) and if you just treat him like the rest of the pack he'll soon find his place.

I wish you could see some of the absolute brutes my mate turns around. She uses a brain washing technique on older, damaged, and potentially dangerous animals. Its one of the things I found a bit odd when I first started helping her out. But then when I saw the stunning results, I eventually realised that what she does is right and natural. She forces the animal to rely on her for absolutely everything, down to a low energy diet (they won't be needing much energy for a few weeks as they going nowhere), there are no "ooh and aah's and cuddles and fuss", no eye contact, no speech. Just provision of needs. It might take a week, it might take a month, but by golly, at the end of it she'll have that animal's respect. Because she has respected its need for solitude and its need to take time to slowly learn that this human can be trusted. And then gradually she introduces privileges, such as a good walk on the lead, always with her afghans running around, because they have a major role to play in rehab. Bad behaviour is corrected immediately and privileges can be withdrawn. But we get there in the end. Dog gets a good handpicked home, new owners get a well trained rehabilitated dog. She only charges once, and is available to visit or give telephone/e-mail advice for the rest of the animal's life - at no extra charge. So, chaps, this is the sort of standard of dog behaviouralist you should be looking out for. Dedicated, and a reasonable price from the outset, with a continuing interest in the animal's welfare for its life span. She's done so well local vets are now recommending her!

Good luck, I am so pleased for you! Must shut up now as TAZ is just going downstairs to fetch my boot - guess he's trying to tell me something!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest update: He's doing really well now, finally coming round to my dogs and even shares a bed with them. We took him to our vet, total cost for his eye op and neutering £290 max!!! She (his previous owner) was trying to claim £750+

So his operations are booked for the 17th March as our vet is away next week and we would like her to do it as she's the one that checked him over etc.

• 2 weeks later...
At long last it's finally over, she's agreed to me giving her a full refund on dog and me picking the dog up end of the week! Which is what I offered in November, but she was pushing her luck trying to get a full £1500 out of me! Seems the 'evidence' she claimed to have, doesn't exist, she doesn't have any vets report or photos as stated in her demanding letters to me. She knew she wouldn't win if it got to court!

Thankfully I have a friend that lives 1/2 hour from her and she is going to pick the dog up for me, she has a micro-chip reader so can scan the dog before taking him and I have asked for all documents signed back over to me! There is no way I could face this vile woman ever again.

At least my little boy is coming home and the well being of the dog was my main concern, she obviously had no feelings for the dog to return him so easily :x

I totally agree with this statement, I have 3 dogs all pedigrees , rescue mind you but I love them all. I would NEVER have returned the pup if I was that lady.! I read through all the comments today and you did everything right, bending over backwards to be helpful. Good for you I am glad it went this way!

• 1 year later...

I would suggest that the previous owner wanted a stud dog to farm puppies. Returned to you covered on fleas and tics. There is no excuse for that.

I have a rescue dog reposessed by his caring breeder and apparently the RSPCA was involved.

It has taken us nearly 3 ryears to remove his phobias which came about by physical beatings he had but now he is a fine animal. #

I am sorry but if I had your pup it would have been in the household as a pet and well looked after and the only way you would get it back is like, the famous Charlon Hestpn National Rifle Association comment "from my cold dead hand".

My 3 dogs are part of our family and they are gathered round as I type this.

This is over a year old now, but he is now living with a lovely family, being spoilt rotten, thankfully most of his first year has been forgotten and he's now enjoying being a much loved family pet.

Just read this thread. I'm so glad Henry now has a loving home.:-)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 4 weeks later...

Can I just say that the animal rescue centres are literally overwhelmed by the unwanted animals which are being dumped on them at present.

I know breeding dogs, and the money they make for you are very nice, but please think about the fact that every dog you sell means another one left behind in a rescue centre.

I plead with anyone I come across to stop breeding animals, either deliberately or accidentally while the RSPCA, etc., struggle to cope with the vast numbers for whom there are simply no homes.

To be honest, as an animal lover, I wouldn't trust 95% of this country to look after an animal properly - which is why all my pets are neutered!

I decided to adopt some guinea pigs I had seen in an article in the paper - and then one morning I opened the hutch to find 5 little hairbrush type things with teeth all grinning at me! That made 8.

I thought i was ok sexing them, but its not easy - and I left a boy in with the girls. OMG! Fast forward a few months and I had over 50! Got it sorted, paid to have all the boys chopped, paid to have a beautiful high security outdoor pen for them, made a fantastic rock garden with pool in it, all spoilt rotten. I found homes for the younger ones, had all the local kids in and out for weeks taking them on two at a time.

I got it down to 15 in the end, and what a pampered 15 GP's they were! They cost me a fortune but I considered that fair punishment for being so careless to start with. LOL - when it was freezing out I used to take covered hot water bottles up to them last thing at night and pop them in their hutches to keep them warm!

I don't like all the breeding of dogs either, I will always adopt a dog, and put right any problems it has. Border collies are my thing - far too many, no jobs for them anymore since old farmer found a new toy, the quad bike. But still they are bred. And they've got to be one of the most misunderstood breeds of dog, hence so many of them end up in rescues or wasted by being PTS.

But then you see, you get the hobby breeder, like the op here who had the problem. This lady clearly did care and was prepared to go to court over it and had the dog's welfare at heart. Like me with the GP's she took the responsibility and gave the dog a loving home. Much as I hate all this breeding, I can;t knock the op in anyway. A very different picture to the unscrupulous puppy farmers. (who should be shot because I have had to deal with the poor females used for breeding again and again, never seeing the light of day and having no life.)

I think I'm just going to be pleased that my boy had his whatnots off, so I know I've done my bit!

My mum was what I'd guess you'd call a hobby breeder.

She'd always loved dogs and after my dad died wanted something to take her mind of things, so we got Bonnie and Clyde (both female but the names were good! :p), a white and a black poodle. Clyde had a couple of small litters, but Bonnie was a great mum, loved having puppies, and had a litter of between 2 and 4 pups most years.

Every puppy was carefully homed, and many of them came back to be looked after when their new owners were on holiday. Mum was also conscious of puppy farming, and indeed rescued a couple of very sorry brood bitches that had outlived their money-making days. They'd never been house-trained and were clearly not used to a home environment or being around people. The place they came from stank to high heaven.

Why should responsible people who care about animals be deprived of the pleasure of caring for their pets, letting them breed as nature intended, seeing new life come into the world, the love of the mother for her pups, the pups open their eyes for the first time, take their first faltering steps, exploring their surroundings, weaning them, etc. Is that selfish, especially when the dog enjoys it too?

My first dog when I got married was a Cavalier that my mum had bred. I saw him born and I saw him die, and yes he too had his whatnots off. I've never bred dogs, but if the circumstances were right I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

I can promise you that people who would use puppy farms would not have had a chance of having one of the lucky pups that my mum helped into the world. If she wasn't happy that the puppy would be well looked after they probably wouldn't get past the first phone call, and she told every person she ever sold a puppy to that if there were any problems she'd have the puppy back. I don't think she was ever taken up on that though.

I agree that responsible pet owners should normally have their animals neutared, but there's nothing wrong with responsible breeding either.

I do think animal breeding needs to be regulated though. Puppy farming was an issue 40 years ago that I remember, and is no closer to being solved.

As for money in hobby breeding, by the time stud fees have been paid, vets fees, puppy food etc, certainly with small dogs that may only have 1 or 2 pups - well there isn't any to speak of.

By the way - I have a beautiful Border Collie with working parents. She belonged to the farmers father who was taken seriously ill and couldn't look after her, so we had her at 21 months old, and she's been spayed.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 4 months later...

my vet always checks for things like entropion when he does the puppy health check. I suggest that in future, you get an agreement typed out whereby the buyer states that they understand that the pet is being sold as a pet only and not for showing or breeding, and has themself inspected the puppy and is happy with it's apparent health. Make a copy, get them to sign both, give them one and keep the other yourself. It's a sad world but you have to protect yourself. I think the law says that you can offer to have the puppy back and offer a refund of purchase price, but not any vet treatment THEY decided to have done. It sounds like another case of dishonest purchaser not telling you that they wanted show/breeding quality because that would cost more, then deciding to see if they can get their money back aswell as keep the dog. Good luck with the court case.